“Lovely decor &food”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Pretty restaurant within walking distance from Raddisson & Hilton hotels. Fresh fish dishes are excellent try. Coconut shrimp best ever . Friendly efficient service.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went for the buffet lunch (I know... I cringe at the idea of a buffet as well!), but this was a great way to experience some of the local flavors and foods - this is definitely a very local spot (and isn't even in the free Barbados guide book which seems like a good sign to me!). This is a good option if you're looking for an authentic spot to experience a variety of local foods for a reasonable price.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Service was slow and without a smile. I went with 3 others and we waited 50 minutes for our food. There was no ambience. The scenery is ok, but atmosphere is lacking. Would benefit from some music. Tables were small and cluttered. The food was mediocre at best. All in all, a terrible dining experience. The worst I have experienced anywhere. Certainly will not visit again or recommend.

2  Thank J_Safo
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great Bajan food, fantastic atmosphere and attentive service. You're only likely to find this place if you happen to be staying at one of the nearby resorts... the Hilton or I think, the Radisson. Dined here twice as the food at the Hilton wasn't great. And if you're feeling too lazy to go into town, this place won't disappoint as its a 5-minute walk down the road from the Hilton just short of the main road. Great menu, all the traditional dishes cooked to perfection. Go crazy with the grilled prawns and the mahi-mahi fish. Dinner is a-la-carte, but they have a great buffet for lunch, certainly on weekends which is perfect so if you're unfamiliar with the food, you can try lots of different things so you know what you'll really like when ordering off the menu here or at another Bajan restaurant in town. Loved this place.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Brown sugar was within walking distance of our hotel the Hilton so we came here for lunch one day. The garden that the restaurant is in is just so cute. I loved it. Its buffet style so you can try all the local dishes. My boyfriend got some mystery meat that he was trying to feed me. I asked our waitress what it was and she said pork. I tried it and it had a funny taste. While I was inside I spoke with a man who worked there and asked what this meat was and it was pigs feet!! I almost died. Besides for that the food was delicious. Make sure to check when they are open. When we visited at the end of June they were only open for lunch.