“Great Business Hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bridgetown
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I have to say this is the best hotel for business in Barbados. It is very modern and very tailored towards the business traveller.

I have stayed here a number of times (more than 10) on business and always found the rooms to be immaculate. If you can get into an exec room on the third floor the spa bath is wonderful! Well worth flirting with the receptionist :)

There is one thing that lets this hotel down - plastic plates. I realise that the little deli/grill is small and doesn't serve michelin star food, but I hate eating off a plastic plate. I have mentioned this several times and this is the single thing that lets this place down - I feel like Im 7 years old again at a children's party.

That said, the staff are very attentive and helpful and I would recommend this hotel to a business traveller any day of the week.

Room Tip: Don't take one overlooking the pool terrace - sitting in your room with people on the terrace is...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed there 5 or 6 times recently. Excellent hotel for business traveller, safe area across the road from the beach. Plenty of parking and taxis always available (usd 23 to airport). Small outdoor lap pool and small gym but very clean and well kept.
Breakfast Cafe style - OK but expensive.
Fast FREE WiFi and wired internet in rooms and public areas
Polite staff and security. Nice public areas.
TGI Fridays on site, other restaurant/bar next door and excellent Pizza/Italian (Mama Mia) 2 minutes walk away.
10 minute walk to Lanterns mall and Tapas restaurant

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms overlooking the pool can be noisy
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank courtsbuyer
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Spent a week here on business. The rooms are very clean and modern with excellent free wifi coverage. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The main floor lounge/restaurant have lots of booths where 4 or 5 people can meet and do business. I've stayed in many hotels in Barbados over the years (I'm usually there twice annually) and this hotel is the only one that targets business travelers. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank John S
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This is just a perfect business hotel, clean, efficient and friendly. Free wifi that's works! Everything you need! Gym and pool, but if you're a runner, head out and run along the boardwalk in the morning or evening, fabulous!! TGI Fridays literally in car park, although you must walk down to just grillin' for amazing local food!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Brightonandbeyond
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and we really enjoyed our stay! American Airlines delivered my bag to the hotel before I arrived as my bag stayed in Miami for a day but it was waiting for me when I checked in. Our room was very comfortable and I was given a room right in front of the pool so it was nice. I drew my curtains to let the sunshine in during the mornings and also view the glistening waters on the pool. The pool looks like a lap pool but it served its purpose for swimming for exercise. My room was next to the gym but the insulation was excellent as I did not hear any sound coming from the gym. The staff was wonderful and the new female general manager was super friendly! TGIF restaurant is next to the hotel and the hotel also has a small cafe with plenty of seating for a light meal. You can take the ZR vans or public buses right in front of the hotel for only $1 US dollar per person anywhere the van or the bus goes. However, when riding the ZR vans, hold on tight as it is like a rollercoaster ride! You can walk across the street to a few beaches. My favorite was Hastings beach as it has a breakwater so it is safeespecially for kids. I was also able to snorkel and saw beautiful fish! There is also a boardwalk next to the beach and accessible to restaurants and shops. You will find nice establishments here but unfortunately there were also some dilapidated and abandoned buildings which made me feel sad as they were right next to the fabulous Carribean Sea. These buildings should be torn down by the government as they were such an eye soar. During one of our walks on the boardwalk one night, we saw a huge turtle on the beach right in front of a nice restaurant with torches lit! The turtle was nesting and she laid 190 eggs. The environmentalists came to move the eggs to a safe place. I would recommend a stay at the Courtyard Marriott and you will surely be near all the adventures Barbados can offer!

Room Tip: You can probably request a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Highzone
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We wanted to stay in Barbados for 2 nights before embarking on a cruise, but the rates the cruise line offered for 2 nights was just outrageous. We searched around on the net and found this brand new Courtyard by Marriott, it wasn't on the beach and so the rates were only 30% of the hotels that were. We found we could cross the road and meander down to the beach, where there was a boardwalk that went for miles along a beautiful sandy beach. The hotel had a pool, was spotlessly clean, the staff were wonderful as well. They had a bar/restaurant that you now find in the new Courtyards and the food was great. We had a little pizza the night we arrived, they actually stayed open for us to get our bags to our room, also had a hot breakfast both mornings, not included but reasonable and delicious. A great start to our trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 1 October 2011

What a wonderful hotel , stayed on business but would come back for a leisure trip. Staff are second to none polite , friendly with a can do attitude ! Rooms very clean modern . I've stayed at over 10 hotels on the island and it is by far the best all rounder!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Ratdunks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!