“Great downtown hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bridgetown
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was stranded in Barbados overnight and found the Marriott on my smartphone and made a reservation. Normally I check out a hotel before booking but this was not an option and I was very reliant on the brand to give value and comfort. I found both at this Courtyard.

The room was very nice and had all the amenities including a jetted tub. A coffee maker and flat screen TV with good selections was welcomed. The view was of the parking lot and this is not a resort style hotel, that is, it is not on the beach.

The staff were very good and I was checked in quickly. The lobby is attractive although they advertise TGIF restaurant, it was closed in August!

I ate at the restaurant in the lobby and the food was adequate. It could have been hotter and delivered more quickly.

My early departure was expertly facilitated by the front desk and I was only able to enjoy this fine property overnight.

Room Tip: My room was on the parking lot side but I doubt there are any rooms with great views as this propert...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank kellbert
Guestcare_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Kellbert:
Thank you for your review! I am elated you choose the Marriott brand as your preferred lodging choice to help relieve you of any anxieties concerning being stranded in Barbados overnight.

Further, I am thrilled we were able to meet your expectations on your first visit to our Hotel. I look forward to hosting you again soon and thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The Courtyard Marriott's always seem consistently good! Clean and updated with a nice pool. Loved the beach access across the street as well as the beach bar! Only complaint round be that we had the staff schedule a mount gay rum tour for us and they did not give us the correct time to be down in the lobby, so the bus needed to wait for us ... embarrassing!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kim W
Guestcare_CY, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Kim W:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am happy you enjoyed the amenities available at our Hotel. However, let me apologise on behalf of my Front Desk associates for incorrectly advising you about the pick time for the tour you booked.

We too were embarrassed when we recognized our blunder and I took the opportunity to use this situation as a training moment by reinforcing with my team the importance of certifying all information is accurate prior to sharing.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hosting you in the near future at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was in Barbados in January, 2013.

My experience was a very good one, the only problem was the view. I think it was on the 2nd or 3rd floor, and I was looking at someone's backyard it was not a good sight at all.

The stay was wonderful, plasent assistants and wonderful staff.

If you do not want to drive there are many transportations not far from the hotel.

I had a wonderful time at the Marriott Hotel.

I would go back, but I rather go to hotel right on the beach.

Room Tip: Ocean View is the best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary952
Guestcare_CY, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Mary952:

Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of how pleasant and helpful our associates were. Our staff is our greatest asset.

I have noted your comments and because we are not a beach front property,some of our rooms can be classified as island view. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a nice hotel, quite new in a centrically located at Bridgetown. The hotel is in front of the beach, just crossing the street and you will enjoy a paradisiac beach. Hotel rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Also equipped with a desk to enable business travelers to do their job. Lobby is also nice. The cons of this hotel are the price per night, I paid USD 200+TAX per night and breakfast is not included. Breakfast average is near USD 20 per person which is quite expensive and the menu is very limited. In general is a good hotel for those travelling for Business, but I don´t recommend it for a vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gustavo R
Guestcare_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Gustavo R:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate your feedback and I have noted your comments. I am also appreciative you highlighting some of our best features and I look forward to seeing you again at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed there for a week and the staff is unbeatable. Rooms are nice. Get ready to pay 17.5% in taxes(not their fault). But a big surprise. Noisy a/c but I had a great room, with a great view of the ocean, and friendly staff. Especially Andrea in the restaurant. Very safe, Security is everywhere.

Room Tip: ask for the 407 or 403 rooms for best view of the ocean
Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank memphisbusinessman
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear memphisbusinessman,
It was indeed a pleasure meeting you last week and I thank you for your feedback! I will follow up on the noisy AC and recognise Andrea for her great service.

As a loyal Marriott guest I thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm Regards
Kelly-Ann Mayers

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This lovely hotel tucked neatly behind an historic pavilion in Christ Church is a wonderful getaway for vacationers seeking a peaceful, friendly, environment. A well appointed venue overlooking beautiful ocean waters and conveniently located, it is a place one would wish to revisit often for a healing refreshing retreat. Looking forward to going there again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony and on the 4th floor facing the ocean, if possible. The ocean view is b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gerricorbin
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel is comfortable, quiet with several seating areas in lobby, with wi-fi and/or computer access. Our suite was large, each room having separate thermostat controls and balconies. On the higher floor there was view of the ocean; the corner balcony had a wonderful cross-breeze. The food was very good and healthful. A beautiful beach area with coconut trees for shade was available across the road behind another hotel, with its own swimming area created by a sea barrier. Small swimming pool and deck area, but no protection or shade from sun. Location very convenient to boardwalk, Oisten fish fries, and Bridgetown Historic Area. Most outstanding, however, was the service, from housekeeping to reservations, dining to engineering. The staff made us feel that we were important to them; they were patient, always friendly, and quick to help and answer questions. I cannot express how wonderfully they treated us.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, modern, with good breezes coming through balcony. Higher floors facing oce...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rosanne M
Guestcare_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Rosanne M:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We value your comments and I really appreciate how descriptive you were, especially when you mentioned our associates and the service they provided during your stay with us. I cannot express how elated I am that we met your expectations. Thank you for choosing our hotel and it would be our pleasure to host you again in the near future.

Guest Care Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!