“Barbados Courtyard”

Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bridgetown
“Barbados Courtyard”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard one night as we had just came back from Tobago. The Courtyard is located in the Historic District. We had a room with two beds, microwave and refrigerator. It was a very nice room and was comfortable. The only issue with the hotel was the location and there was not any restaurants close by. Since we had taken a taxi and did not have a rent a car we had to walk a ways to find one. Beach is across the street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Wetwklley99,
It was our pleasure hosting you at our hotel! We appreciate that you selected to stay with us out of the many choices you had and that you took the time to share your feedback with us. For any future visit (and we do hope that you visit our beautiful island again) we would be delighted to point out some restaurants that are within walking distance, namely Blue Room, Mama Mia, 39 Steps, Blakeys etc., which are more casual dining and Tapas which is more fine dining and located right on the boardwalk. There are other fine dining choices that are not too far and that are easily accessible by taxi or public transportation.

Thank you again for your honest feedback and best wishes until we see you again!

Warm Regards
Kelly-Ann Mayers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My first time in this hotel and I'm very impressed.
Location is OK with a great beach just across the road. Rooms are bright modern clean and with comfortable beds. The only drawback is not every room has a balcony.
The main reason for my review however is the staff. Without fail every single staff member I met was friendly, polite and really seemed to care about their guests. Well done Marriott for recruiting such outstanding people!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Jbrighton,
I am glad that your experience was an enjoyable one! Our associates who you recognised for providing exceptional service, genuinely care about each and every one of our guests and it is indeed our pleasure to serve you.

Thank you for your endorsement and for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm Regards
miami beach
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We spent 13 nights right after Xmas & we loved it.
The staff was really nice,everything was cleaned & our room with balcony was very confortable & relaxing.
Just across the street there is a nice beach.
For dinner we used to go to Tapas every each day,that is a romantic & good italian restaurant 10 min walking on your left going out of the hotel.
We absolutely apreciated our vacation in Courtyard.

Room Tip: We suggest you to take room with balcony on the back part at high floor.Don't take room without...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HellenT
Guestcare_CY, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear HellenT:
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I have shared your review with my entire team and we are all elated that we met your expectations during your vacation.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Best regards,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The Courtyard is a nice place to stay. Unfortunately, there is nothing to do in the area. They have private beach access across the street. You have to use your room key to get to the beach. If you forget your key don't worry, public beach access is free and it's about 3 feet from the private access. When you get to the beach you will see it's beautiful, mostly belongs to the hotel across the street, and in the water is mostly rock. Not really good for swimming.

There are some good restaurants in the area. In fact, all the food I had in Barbados was good. The people are friendly and helpful. It's a nice place to visit, although I prefer Grand Cayman.

The grill at the Courtyard is very good. Andrea and all the other girls were right on the ball. We were leaving early in the morning before the grill opened. Andrea offered to fix some breakfast for me the next morning early.

One note of caution, beware of the St Lawrence Gap area. I felt safe there and there were some fairly nice bars, but I was propositioned by a pimp and 2 different hookers within 15 minutes of arriving.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the water. All the A/C units are noisy
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Batman:

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I will be sure to mention to Andrea and the Centro restaurant team how pleased you were with the service they provided. I cannot mention enough how appreciative and motivated we all are that you have acknowledged the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff.
Our hotel is centrally located on the beautiful South Coast where lots of restaurants, bars and beaches can be found. However on your next visit, if you want to see a little bit more of the island without venturing too far, my front desk team would be delighted to assist you by giving directions to these recommended local attractions and activities; For example, the changing of the Guard at the Garrison Historic Area, Horse racing at the Garrison Savannah or taking a walk along the Sir Richard Haynes Boardwalk, which is a pathway to the popular Accra Beach. These are all within 10 minutes walking distance

Thank you for selecting Barbados as one of your preferred destinations and for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Best Regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I've been staying at the Courtyard Marriott at least 8 times/year for the past 3 years when in Barbados on business... and I stay there by choice over all the other hotels in the Bridgetown area. The Courtyard provides good value for money, the staff are great... well trained, pleasant and treat me like family; the rooms are large, clean and comfortable and they clearly understand the needs of business travelers. If you are fussy about food, stay or eat somewhere else. The restaurant is basic, with limited options but the quality is consistent. While the location is not within walking distance of many restaurants, I'd rather stay there than some of the other more conveniently-located hotels. Any complaints are few and far between. However, their rates seem to be creeping up...

Room Tip: Upper floor overlooking the pool. Keep the a/c on all the time (i.e. not 'auto') as they...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Guestcare_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Cee D:
Thank you for your feedback and your continued patronage. We are very aware all travelers to our shores have a selection of hotels to choose from and the fact you are an 8 times repeat guest makes me feel so proud and my team and I are extremely pleased.

During your next visit, I would be delighted to introduce you to some restaurants in walking distance that you can enjoy at your convenience. Let me take this opportunity to apologise that we did not share this information with you during any of your previous stays.

If there is anything else I can do to assist please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Regards,
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Very clean, spotless! Good food.
We stayed at the hotel with our toddler. We were made very welcome and our stay was very comfortable.All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. In all our travels the staff here are the best, thank you!,,,

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ESCAPEtoDOMINICA
Dear Hovde 34:

Thank you for highlighting our hotel's best features and I really appreciate you took the time to share this feedback with us. Our associates are our greatest asset and I am thrilled you stayed with us and had the opportunity to experience the passion we have here; to deliver the best customer experience to our guests.
I am really looking forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown in the very near future.

Best regards,

Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed with my wife in this hotel for the second time and we were very pleased.The rooms overlooking the swimming pool are better but nevertheless we found the Hotel has a very practical location to go anywhere withouth being in town.I would say is more a business hotel,since it is not a beach hotel.Rooms are very comfortable and we liked and will come back if in Barbados.

Room Tip: Pool side are better exposed and have more sun
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Guestcare_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Gilberto B:

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay. It is pleasing you remarked about the perfect location of our hotel and how comfortable our rooms are. As a repeat customer, I am happy we were able to meet your expectations and I look forward to your future stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Regards,

Guest Care Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
Coral Sands Beach Resort
Beach View
Beach View
#2 of 26 in Saint James Parish

Been to Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!