“Great Hotel with Excellent Service”

Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bridgetown
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel with Excellent Service”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had an excellent stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Bridgetown Barbados. The staff was very very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The mattress and pillows were extremely comfortable which enabled me to get a goodnight sleep during my entire stay. The location of the hotel was good and assessable/close to everything, including the beach, restaurants, karaoke bars, night clubs, and downtown Bridgetown. House keeping was awesome especially "Jennifer" she took care of me and is a great asset to the hotel. I definitely plan to stay at this hotel again when traveling to Barbados.

Sean H.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sean H
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Sean,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We have now added bigger, plusher pillows to our rooms so I am glad that you got the opportunity to be among the first guests to experience this change. We will be sure to recognize Jennifer for her contribution towards your positive experience and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Kelly-Ann Mayers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel staff are EXCELLENT and their effort to please is very noticeable. I don't remember names at the front desk but they are great and very friendly. In food services, Yaksenia, Ann Margaret, Andrea, William are simply the BEST. In room attendant service, Jennifer has the kindest spirit anyone could ask for. I have stayed at this hotel on 3 business trips and would definitely stay again without hesitation. If you are considering this hotel - just do it and you will be pleased. Great Value, clean and EXCELLENT service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Atlanta Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback! We really do take great pleasure in ensuring that you have a fantastic experience and it is always wonderful when the associates are recognized. I will be sure to pass on your acknowledgement to the associates and we look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th trip! Hopefully you will get the opportunity to not only visit for business but for leisure with your friends and family.
Regards
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was treated like a king.

everybody is very friendly specially miss Allison from reservation. accommodation is excellent.food is excellent.

the hotel is a very clean place from a to z.
do not miss this place once you arrive Barbados.

no complains at all.
highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jose A
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Jose,
You were treated like a king because to us you are royalty! We appreciate you very much and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Geneal Manager
Pa
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My Boy and I stayed at this hotel April 23 to May 2 , 2014, apparently Nine days after a We just couldn't handle all the snow this winter and had to get away, so this was a leisure trip. Our purpose was to get as much sun as possible.

We have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Part of that clearly has to do with the fact that the hotel was brand new, so everything was spotless. And we pretty much had the hotel to ourselves as we saw only a couple of other patrons. Apparently we were the first to sleep in the room that the hotel staff gave us. We did have a view of the ocean from our window, which was across the street and behind some buildings.

Marriott is not a beachside hotel did not affect us.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our room was large and spacious. I didn't have any problems connecting my computer to the Internet. Just two oddities. There was no clock in the room (nor was there a radio), so, unless I turned on my computer, my sister and I had no way of knowing what time it was (neither of us had any watches or cell phones with us). Which was fine with us. We didn't want to know what time it was. And I'm sure that the rooms have clock radios by now. The second odd thing was that the hotel is oriented backwards. The back of the hotel faces the highway and one has to drive around the hotel to get to the entranceway which faces a fence behind which is the residential area of the Garrison District. This made no sense to me. Why not put the entranceway up against the highway? But it didn't make any practical difference to us. We would just come into the hotel through the "back doors" leading into the lobby area. But it does make the layout seem a bit odd.

Room Tip: Visit the marriott it's the best and house keeping is the best I Would to Thank HK CARVYLE also...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Franklyn
It is great that after three years we can still be considered as new :) This is testament to the hard work that the housekeeping and engineering associates put in daily to maintain the hotel. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to get that much needed sunshine. I also appreciate that you consider us to be the “best hotel in Barbados” Thank you very much for your positive feedback and I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team.
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Marriott, very clean, the beach is just across the street. very friendly staff especially "Ulanda" she made me feel at home. She took care of me like a sister, she truly is a great asset to the hotel. Also Angela and William from the restaurant are very friendly!

I'd fully recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Barbados.

Natalia

• Stayed April 2014
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Natalia,
I am extremely proud of our associates and their continued commitment to delivering exceptional service. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to Ulanda, Andrea and William!

In addition to the beach being just across the street we are also within walking distance to our first world heritage site "Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison" along with a number of restaurants and shops. I hope you get to enjoy these experiences on your next trip!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Aventura, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is very clean and centraly located. every employee makes you feel like family always asking you if everything is ok or if you need anything especially ALLISON COZIER who would check on us daily to make sure that everything is perfect.. This will definitly be me Hotel everytime I go to barbados.. Keep up the great Customer service!!

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Jacques,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Allison tries to ensure that what she promises during the reservation process is delivered during your stay and we really appreciate all of her efforts. The entire team takes a lot of pride in maintaining the hotel and we welcome any feedback that would help us to improve. Did you get a chance to go to any of the nearby restaurants or to any of the nice beaches within walking distance? My favorite thing to do is to take a stroll on the boardwalk around sunset to watch the beautiful colors of the sky and I hope that you get to try this on your return!

Christ Church
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Spent my 12th Anniversary at the hotel. The staff were excellent, professional and friendly. The rooms were immaculate and the overall standard of the hotel is very good. We had breakfast from the hotel on a couple of occasions and totally enjoyed it. The front desk staff were very welcoming and the manager took the time to explain to us all of the current and future steps the Marriott group are taking to ensure the hotel continues to be one of the best in the Caribbean. As a local couple, we were especially impressed with the attitude of the staff and the professional manner in which all of request were handled. Having stayed at several other Marriott we were totally surprised that our best stay at a Marriott would actually come at home. Excellent, and keep up the good work.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael H
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Michael,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family! Your enthusiasm for the Marriott brand is admirable and I really appreciate all of your positive comments. Seeing that you are only a stone's throw away, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kelly-Ann Mayers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Coral Sands Beach Resort

Been to Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!