Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados
Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)
US$452
US$302
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$170
Paradise Villas(Black Rock)(Great Value!)
US$129
Orbitz.com
Savannah Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$174
  • Pool
Sugar Bay Barbados(Hastings)
US$738
US$552
Bookit.com
Coconut Court Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$175
US$412
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Hotel PomMarine(Christ Church Parish)
All reviewsann margaretbusiness hotelthe coconut court hotelthe blue roomcentro restaurantbeach accessaccra beachmama miasmall fridgeview of the oceanfront desk stafftapasrestaurant staffbuffet breakfastsouth coastrum punchbeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

the family and i were in barbados from the us for 15 nites staying at an apt property so i decided we would do a july 4th getaway for the day whilst on holiday (hey....that all rhymes!!) for $84 usd (i had a gift card) we got a room from 9am - 6pm, it also included lunch for two adults and two children under 12. the other half and i relaxed poolside without having to worry about the 6 and 9 yo in the pool as it was a mere 3 3/4 ft deep. dont need any deeper than that for a swim. they enjoyed a good 3.5 hrs straight. then back for more after lunch.

the lunch menu was sufficient and we all found something we enjoyed and the portions were quite ample.

we were upgraded to a room with a balcony, wasnt much to look at as it faced the parking lot but was ok to have and we did make use of it while the boys watched a bit of tv

lets see, what else. the lobby area was nicely laid out and decorated, as was the resturant. im pretty sure we'd do another stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea G
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Andrea,
It sounds like you and your family truly enjoyed your July 4th getaway. A day pass really is a nice thing to do with your children and we have been told that it is good value for money. After 15 nights away I am sure that you are happy to be back home but when you start your vacation planning again for the future please remember us and come back to visit us on your next trip to Bridgetown Barbados.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Staying for business, outside of property is of a good standard and decor.

The reception/Lobby is nice and welcoming with air conditioning.

The looby also consists of a lounge area with plenty of seating and booths etc for working lunches etc.

There is good wifi throughout (average 1.5 - 2.0 Mbps) and once registeted you dont have to keep signing in every area of the hotel which is good.

There are a few desktop computers for use and printets attached.

The hotel has a 24hr snack/drinks by reception selling cola, water peanuts, crisps/chips etc.

A nice flatscreen tv has local information, temperature and ideas on it.

The rooms are of a comfortable standard and again with good A/C however when I arrived my A/C was off so took a while to cool the room unfortunately.

And windows do not open...

Good office chair and desk, complete with wired or wired free internet access. Its clear this is set up for business users however the desk lamp is not ideal if working at night. And main room lights shadow over your work space.

The room decor is tastefull with ample plug sockets (although the wall light at 2 metres off the ground had one so unsure what use that is?)

Complete with safe, mini fridge, iron and board, TV, alarm clock radio / i dock, bedside tables, coffee machine (not kettle) china mugs but no spoons only plastic stirrers.
And creamer powder not milk which personally I dont like, also running for hot water taints the taste of tea.

Two beach/pool towels and nice branded toiletries. (Paul Mitchell hair products)
On arrival the bathroom was clean although the grouting is starting to come away which is not good news for such a young property.

The catering is basic and personally I felt limited in choice of healthier fare. Its more like a fast food outlet with big lcd screens above with thefoid menus, breakfast was a poor quality. Omelette was oily and sausage tasteless, toast was not buttered or offered only jams/preservatives.
Dinner had a pizza to go which I left most as was stodgy and bland.

The hotel can access the beach accross the road and has its own fitness studio of good quality and a lap pool and sun deck.

My only complaint is that on my first morning I was woken at 8:30 from a deep sleep and TOLD my 2 bed roon was required and I needed to be moved just a few rooms away but was a balcony room.

I foolishly agreed and it took nearly 1 1/2 hours to get my belongibgs including work folder abd laprop to do work on a project I needed to conplete. I asked id the cost of breakfast could be waivered as I helped by moving and was told the balcony was my compensation (yet I didnt want one, and it was not even a view you wouldwant to sit and enjoy) when my belongings arrived I said id like to speak to the duty manager at some point.. and never got a call. Other than a pre recorded message selling the takeaway food outlet.

Overall has potential but I is lacking, marriott would be better upgrading the property type and offerring better food.
That would be a good start and warrent maybe another star rating alone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear London Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detail review and for highlighting some of our many unique features. I was very sorry to hear that we let you down both in our Food & Beverage offerings and with our room move. I will follow up with the chef with reference to your comments to ensure that the necessary action is taken to ensure that our standards for our Bistro Style restaurant are maintained consistently. I would appreciate it if you would contact me at cy.bgicy.reservations@marriott.com to discuss your concerns in more detail.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at many hotel very frequently for my work. This is my first review on tripadvisor because I feel strongly about how bad the customer service of the housekeeping staff is.

I can't believe the hotel staff would say something like that to the customer, I can't believe she would say I am stealing with assaulting tone and trying to educate me and teach me a lesson. I then said sorry and walked away with disbelief and extremely disappointed in Marriott. The experience I had was unacceptable.

Room Tip: I stay at hotel all the time, this is my first review, because I feel like I need the hotel and other customer to know about how rude their customer is. Some hotel staff were nice and friendly, but one housekeeping staff ruined my whole experience at the hotel. We needed some lotion so we went over to the housekeeping people when they were preparing for another room. Because she was inside the room, we were waiting for her. My sister decide to get her attention. When she was walking over, I saw some body wash on the cart. Because my room didn't have body wash so I thought it was weird and I wanted to make sure it's actually a body wash. So I grabbed a body wash from the cart and look at it.I understand I probably should wait for her and ask the housekeeper for it. But the housekeeper's reaction were so rude that it was unnecessary and assaulting. She said the following with assaulting tone, I saw you reach out and grab something from the cart. You should of ask me! To avoid the awkwardness, I then said, oh sorry, I didn't have any body wash in my room so I was looking at it. She then said, the body wash is for the suite and you shouldn't take it because you don't stay in a suite. And it's called stealing. I can't believe the hotel staff would say something like that to the customer, I can't believe she would say I am stealing with assaulting tone and trying to educate me and teach me a lesson. I then said sorry and walked away with disbelief and extremely disappointed in Marriott. I feel like the hotel staff need more training on how to handle this situation nicely without calling their customer a thief. I am a loyal Marriott elite member, with all my stays, I never encounter hotel staff like this. Not even a motel 6 staff is this rude to their customer. I probably won't stay at Courtyard Marriott Barbados anymore. The hotel is at good location. However the property is NOT on the beach, you have to walk across the street to another hotel for the beach access. The hotel also don't have gift shops, travel agency with activities, they don't mail your post card for you, you have to do everything in another hotel across the street, not what I expected from a Marriott property.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jon K

Dear JonKao
Your feedback is vital for our success and I thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. My only wish is that you would’ve alerted us while you were here on property so that we could’ve personally conveyed our apologies to you and your family for the incident. This matter is being investigated and we will ensure that there is necessary training for all associates on how to handle similar situations. As a loyal Marriott Rewards member we value you loyalty and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you better. I would like to hear from you and at your convenience please contact me at cy.bgicy.reservations@marriott.com so that we can discuss in more detail.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very comfortable hotel. Ideal for business traveller. Good size rooms, comfortable bed and decent tv. Excellent free high speed internet throughout the hotel including in your room - Hilton and Hyatt take note! I liked the concept of the restaurant/cafe where you ordered individual items. Would definitely stay again on business. Not sure if it would be as good though if on holiday as the beach is across the road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear West Kirby Guest,
I truly appreciate your review and can’t wait to share your positive comments with my associates and our future guests. We have Front Desk associates who would be happy to make reservations for restaurants, tours etc. as well as beach loungers on the beach opposite the hotel and beach towels and a private beach access which has been enjoyed by many so we look forward to welcoming you back for some leisure time. Take care until!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The people who work at this hotel are amazing. So helpful, pleasant and kind. Much better service than the standard in North America. It is also clean and nicely set up for business or leisure. The Wifi is excellent and works everywhere in the hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank pennyfor

Dear Pennyfor,
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay at our property. Barbadians are known for our warmth and hospitality and we are always proud to represent our island and the Marriott brand at our hotel. Please tell your friends and family about us and come back to look for us on your next trip to Barbados.