“Good times (and they got me in some waves!)”
Review of Paddle Barbados

Paddle Barbados
Ranked #17 of 73 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Paddle Barbados is the one-stop-shop for everything SUP in Barbados. We offer SUP Classes, SUP Tours, private lessons and board rentals. Paddle Barbados opened in March 2012 and has grown significantly since. SUP has taken off around the world, and it was time for Barbados to join the fun. Paddle Barbados is bringing SUP to life on the island, as we build a fun and inviting SUP Community for locals, tourists, and anyone looking for an adventure and/or workout on the water. Please contact us directly to make your reservation!
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good times (and they got me in some waves!)”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great outfit right on the beach. Think I went back three times over the course of my week stay. Take a tour or just rent yourself a board and get into some waves. There was a small swell when I was there but I got the feeling that was unusual for that beach.

SUP and then get a flying fish sandwich from this little shack in the parking lot behind Paddle Barbados.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank BergerTime76
PaddleBarbados, Owner at Paddle Barbados, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Ian, thanks so much for the review!! Did you guys come back recently?

London, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having always wanted to try paddle boarding but not having had the opportunity before, I thought that I would try while we were vacationing in Barbados. I found Paddle Barbados on line and sent off an email. The response was prompt and accommodating. Friendly from the start. And things just kept getting better and better. I arrived at the beach and met our instructor, Sean. He was professional, very well trained and obviously very experienced at paddle boarding. His attention to safety procedures was stellar. This was particularly important given the wind levels we were to encounter that day. During our on the beach training he explained everything carefully and went over his instructions to ensure everyone understood. After our beach training was complete, Sean watched us to ensure we all safely entered the water and were confident and comfortable on our boards. From there on, the whole experience became simply incredible!!! Sean watched over everyone as we paddled across Carlisle Bay, ensuring we were all enjoying ourselves. As we took turns toppling into the ocean, Sean was by our sides. Laughing if we laughed at our tumbles but all the while, watching to make sure we were safe. As an aside, while in Carlisle Bay we had the amazing good fortune to see one of the largest sea turtles I have ever seen as it surfaced. When we got back to beach I was absolutely pumped and could not stop smiling. Can't wait to go again! All in all, simply an amazing day! Sean was awesome and Paddle Barbados is Simply the Best!

1 Thank MLM61
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had the best time paddle boarding that I even went back more than once, recommended other people in the group that I was with to try it out, and rented a kayak before heading back home. The first time I went, I did the tour with Jason and Adrian. They were both very patient and pleasant to deal with. I really enjoyed the snorkelling with the turtles and paddle surfing at the end of the tour. I also really appreciated the beach lesson. If/when I go back to Barbados, I'll definitely be coming back to experience this again. The only thing I regret is not buying a Paddle Barbados t-shirt when I was there.

1 Thank Jen B
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Wonderful, personalized lesson!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My friend and I spent a week in Barbados for our annual girls trip. One of our highlights was our paddleboarding lesson with Jason. He was patient, kind and encouraging. He knew exactly what to say at the right moment. He didn't overwhelm us with information but continued to give us a little more at a time over the course of the lesson. At the end, he helped us do a little "surfing"! He is a fantastic guy - Give it a try!

Wincanton, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My daughter and I signed up for this, neither of us ever having done this before.
Jason was really calm and helpful as an instructor. I was not very confident and he took things at my pace, got to at least to stand up and go some way with a photo to prove I did, but nothing was too much trouble & with more time I think I would have fot there but - thanks!
My daughter was better and had a fantastic time. Thanks again, we would recommend anyone go along to have a go, so friendly!

Visited March 2014