“Best cruise EVER.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Calypso Cruises

Calypso Cruises
Ranked #6 of 71 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us for an award winning, relaxed fun day of sailing a 43 foot catamaran boat that cruises along the coast of Barbados! We sail with limited numbers to ensure a more personal and intimate experience. Our 5 hour tour includes pick up from your hotel/resort/ship, snorkeling with the turtles, ship wreck or reef and a leisurely lunch stop. We provide snorkeling gear, hors d' houerves while we sail, a full 'Bajan buffet lunch [this includes local fish, baked chicken, macaroni pie, pasta salad, potato salad, tossed salad and dinner rolls/garlic bread & delicious deserts] and an open bar to keep you hydrated and relaxed. We serve wine, rum punch, coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks throughout the day! We have cruises during the day and evening cruises. Warning: don't save this for your last day, you will want to do it again during your stay in Barbados! You can also book a private cruise! Our boat is available for private charter for those of you that want the boat for a birthday party, wedding party, or just an intimate getaway. For this we charge by the hour, with a minimum of 3 hour or for as long as you would like the experience to last. We usually take a maximum of 14 guests but we allow up to 20 people for these cruises. Calypso Girl is a 2003 43ft fontaine pajot sailing catamaran that is very comfortable and stable, perfect for just about every one. She has a custom ladder making it easy to get in and out of the water. A huge head (bath room) , indoor and out door seating so you can get just the right amount of sun, and a big front net for you to relax on.
Ottawa, Canada
“Best cruise EVER.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Third time going on the calypso catamaran. They arrange a fabulous pick up with amazing music.
We booked the cruise for one day on our trip, and had such a good time we booked it a second time during our stay.

Nick and Toby are excellent hosts who know how to have a good time. Not only are they handsome, but they are intelligent and could answer all of our questions with a great sense of humour.

Beautiful Sunset, Sea turtles and shipwrecks… and excellent Snacks!

Make sure to ask Toby for the Smoked Salmon!

Visited May 2014

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Feel Like A Millionaire”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Sometimes you read all these excellent reviews and can’t believe that they are all totally credible.
Well, in my opinion, The Calypso Girl Catamaran Cruise is worthy of an even higher rating.
You just cannot fail to have the time of your life on board. Nick, Val & Toby were the perfect hosts: witty, but very informative of everything going on around, from identifying all the different types of tropical fish you will see, to the beach habits of the often spotted Simon Cowell.
The excellent food and drink supplied was endless and the stopovers for swimming with turtles and exploring sunken vessels were both thrilling adventures. Nick even taught my partner to snorkel in record time, enhancing the whole experience for her even more.
Overall, we had the perfect day and if this is how millionaires are treated, then I want to be one!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Shiplifter
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great family day out!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I booked a day cruise with Calypso Cruises last Friday for myself, my twins aged 13 and my mum. What initially appealed to me was the fact that there is a maximum of 14 per trip- meaning the boat wouldn't be overcrowded or anything.

I can not explain how excellent of a day this is! Firstly we were collected by a lovely polite driver from our villa at around 8.30am and driven to Carlisle bay where the cat is docked. As soon as we walked to the cat, Nick, Val and Toby were pleasantly friendly and very welcoming, making us all feel at complete easy and ready to enjoy a great day at sea and a rum punch was swiftly put in front of my mum and I- happy days!

Once all guest arrived we left the port and headed over to swim with the turtles. At the Nick of booking Nick had explained they tend to leave the port as swiftly as possible so that the crowds around the turtles are alot smaller and we get to swim with them that little bit longer- they were right. It was just ourselves and one other small group.

Whilst we all put our snorkeling gear on, my daughter immediately felt uncomfortable with the snorkel and said she wanted to get out of the water. Obviously i was concerned as it would mean she wouldn't be able to see the turtles or the shipwrecks planned for later. This is when I was really pleased i had booked with these guys, immediately Nick and Toby got back out of the water with us, calmed my daughter down, Toby then said he would swim with her with a float and she could just wear her goggles to see underwater with. she was very happy with this solution and not only meant she could still experience everything but meant i could swim and enjoy the experience too knowing she was happy and safe.

Both my children and I loved swimming with the turtles- again Toby stayed out with my daughter, ensuring she had a great time feeding and touching the turtles - she said it was the best time of her life! After about 30-40 mins doing this, you swim back to the boat and off you go to the nearby shipwrecks (with another drink to hand of course), of which there are three. I swam to the first two and it was pretty awesome but didn't bother with the third as they had said visibility may limited. That's the great thing- you can do as much or as little as you like. My mum decided she didn't want to snorkel and found her spot on the boat and was as happy as Larry - watching her child and grandchildren snorkeling and swimming away in the Caribbean sea whilst sipping her rum punch in the sun with great music playing in the background!

After the ship wrecks Val then took us along the East coast- telling us landmarks e.g. Rhianna's new pad, sandy lane, The cliff restaurant- as we went along our way, whilst Nick and Toby not only ensured no-one's glass was empty but also feed us cheese and crackers, fruits, crackers and dips etc- all with a smile and happy go lucky attitude. We then docked for lunch just by Batts Rock beach (beautiful small beach with only a handful of local sunbathers and even less tourists). lunch was delicious and plentiful - macaroni pie, fried flying fish, spicy chicken, rice and peas, salad, garlic bread and colsaw- all was simply delicious!

After lunch we swam to the beach and played around in the sea before heading back to the port.

All in all, it was a fabulous day, probably my favourite of our whole 14 day holiday. Val, Nick and Toby are great guys and certainly go the extra mile to enjoy EVERYONE is having a great time. Usually I do the typical mum thing of "Did you uys enjoy that? Mum, was that OK?"- however, there was no need, as soon we got back into our waiting mini-van/taxi- everyone said "Thanks, that was a great day!" - think my work there was done.

I can not recommend this trip enough- the price per person is more than fair given the pick-up/drop off, unlimited drinks, generous spread of food and the snorkeling- great, great day. Please do trip generously as the guys work so hard to make sure you want for nothing all day.

Generally, once I've done something, I don't do it again, my motto is on to the next experience, but I would be very tempted to do this again when returning to Barbados (remember said I tend to not do the same thing twice? Barbados seems to be the Island that for many reasons, makes me want to ignore my own motto and return!)

1 Thank Dinahw1980
Toronto
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Nick, Val, and Toby are amazing hosts and our day on Calypso was the highlight of our entire trip to Barbados. Endless drinks, amazing food (flying fish, macaroni pie, Bajan chicken, etc.), and swimming with the turtles all made for a great day. The level of service was out of this world and there's no way you'd find that on the other, bigger boats. Will definitely go back with Nick and crew the next time I am back!

San Diego, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great excursion!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time with Calypso. The crew was super friendly and informative. We snorkeled with turtles, then went to 3 shipwrecks, then to a beach. It was the best excursion we've ever taken and would definitely do this again!

1 Thank lala412