“Honeymoon in Paradise.”
other traveller has booked this property
Fully Equipped Musseanda Kitchen Breakfast is served - Musseanda Gallery
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Fully Equipped Musseanda Kitchen
Breakfast is served - Musseanda Gallery
Musseanda Gallery
Carlisle Bay, the best beach in Barbados! Turquoise Sea and Calm waters!
View from Gallery
Barbados Sunset on the Caribbean Sea!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Robert L
UK
“Not my cup of tea - didn't enjoy my stay”
Reviewed 8 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Given the amazingly high cost of staying in hotels in or near Bridgetown, Barbados, I tried the more reasonably priced Chi centre with four apartments. I chose the single one, Palmetto. . Christy the landlady helped me by arranging Cameron's taxi to transport me from airport to Centre, and I used Cameron for the rest of my stay - very satisfactory. But the acommodation was not what I needed. The "apartment" was one bedroom with access to a shared kitchen through a door directly into the kitchen so that kitchen noises, conversations, were as if you were in the same room The room had an area outside for sitting on, but that area was also used by staff as a path to other bits of the house, so I never felt private. I signed up for the "lovely Bajan breakfast" but wished I hadn't, as the bits I liked were beans and fried eggs, not the extra bits. But after eating what I liked and leaving the rest, the second morning - less eggs!

None of the above is very terrible, and just reflects the difference from living in an extended area of somebody's house as opposed to a hotel run as a business.

I had to wait for access to the room until the toilet was fixed - ("23 years without a problem then kaput the day I arrived!). But I had a seat on the verandah and access to the internet so - OK.

But, really important. . . I had a sleepless night the first nght as the landlady's dogs ran the garden at night, and barked a lot, sometimes right outside the wiindow so it sounded as if it was in the room. I said what had happened, and the neighbouring property dogs were blamed. But it was the dogs in the garden! Second night was much better, and no sign of dogs in morning, so presumably something had been done to meet my concerns.

The low light, the excess of ornaments and furnishings, the what felt like obligatory garden tour to see various trees and plants, the lack of air-conditioning, the extra charge for "maintenance" not part of the original booking fee - this was not a good booking for me.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the price
Liked least: the lack of sleep on the first night due to noisy dogs
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Jan 2016
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Since your stay we have now upgraded the two Apartments, and you can no longer hear noises from the Kitchen, and the Musseanda Patio is no longer used for staff to pass through as we have now made a new gate in the last section.
As you mentioned the dogs disturbing you, we discovered if we put our dogs in our kennel at night, the neighbours dogs keep quite! Easy solution! and as you said for the second night it worked! There are 3 overhead lights and 2 bedside lights in the Musseanda Studio so I am surprised you mention 'low' lighting, if you had told us we could have shown you where the switches are or even given you another lamp, we do do everything in our power to please our Guests, but they do have to tell us!! The same goes for Breakfast, if there is something you do not like, please tell us so we will not give it to you!
There are virtually no ornaments in the Musseanda Apartment so your comment surprised me! and there is Air conditioning, but as mentioned in our Blurb, it is at extra cost. Most Guests do not require it as our Apartments are very cool and a stand up or wall fan works very efficiently! But the AC units are there if guests require AC and are prepared to pay the extra cost. The 'maintenance fee' is only $50US and covers cleaning before you arrive, and any repairs or replacement of broken crockery or glasses after you leave, this is instead of charging
a damages fee. The choice to tour the garden is yours, most of our Guests love to learn about the tropical Flowers, Herbs and Fruit Trees
that we grow organically all year round, but if you are not interested, no problem! We offer it at the beginning of your stay so you can stretch your legs after the long international flights from US, Canada and Europe. As we are a 'Green - ENvironmentally Friendly Destination, most of our Guests love nature and our gardens and delight in learning about the tropical flowers, herbs and fruits, and enjoy watching parrots, hummingbirds, and our wild monkeys run through the gardens, but any Guest can refuse the tour - it is your choice! I'm glad you appreciated our low prices, and good value, compared to Hotels, which we are not! I do believe toilets break down in Hotels as well!! I'm also glad you valued our trusted, reasonable and reliable taxi driver who works with us year round.
Congleton
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in April 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
28 Apr 2014
Hi Dave and Caroline,
Soo glad you enjoyed your Honeymoon at the Musseanda Apartment at the Chi Centre, it was great having you with us, and so far you are our first Honeymoon Couple!!!
Well, we just had the Reggae Festival here, and it wasn't the same without you guys!! We had soo much fun when you were here, we had photos with Conscience, Taurus Riley and Luciano and danced the night away! Hope you can come visit us again soon, best wishes from Christy
Rachel M
Chester, United Kingdom
“Peace and tranquility”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 for a stay in May 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated as friends of the family. Christy goes out of her way to ensure that her guests are comfortable, well fed with the most amazing homemade breakfasts and that they discover the best Barbados has to offer. Her garden is ideal for lazing away an afternoon whilst reading a good book.

If you want top end 5 star luxury this is not the place to go but if you want a genuine welcome from a long term resident of the island who is eager to share the beauty of Barbados this is it.

1 Feb 2016
It was wonderful having you and your family here. We are so glad you enjoyed our comfortable accommodation as well as the food and the gardens! As you know we help our Guests decide what activities are best for them, and we suggest which places they would like to visit! We are also reknowned for our 'hand drawn maps" as the official Maps of Barbados are not complete! Good luck with your Guest House in UK!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing