“'Born Fe Live'”

SurfSUP Paddleboarding
More attraction details
Owner description: SurfSUP offers paddleboarding tours, lessons, and rentals. Located on the beautiful South Coast of Barbados, we are in a prime location for someone trying paddleboarding for the first time, or a more advanced paddler looking to try out paddle surfing!
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I booked my two chibren, aged 19 and 13, for a Paddleboarding session with Charlie and was highly impressed. He is extremely safety conscious, encouraging and immensely patient. The kids loved it and my 13 year old daughter picked up the technique almost immediately. Here's my recommendation: if you get the chance, bang on the suncream and get the kids on that paddleboard. Depending on water confidence I would say it's suitable for 8yrs and up, an hour's enough, and they'll certainly sleep well after it!. My only regret is I couldn't get on myself (due to a sick 9 year old), but next time....

In conclusion,Charlie is a lovely guy, a professional, and an uber Bajan, jam-packed with tales of the Caribbean. His motto is 'Born Fe Live' and I couldn't speak more highly of him, or the experience. A bona fide five stars!
P.S Book it early in your trip. If the weather and water conditions aren't suitable you'll have to re-schedule.

1  Thank Duncan1812
There are newer reviews for SurfSUP Paddleboarding

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I've never written a review in my life but i had to about SurfSUP paddleboarding. Myself and my friend headed out on an evening paddle lesson with Charlie.Charlie is great at what he does, he explains everything in an easy way that you will pick up quickly. Charlie is full of great tips, has great patience and will tell you lots of stories and to add to all that he has a great sense of humor. ( i was terrified 2 stand on the board!) but he kept reassuring me and eventually up i got!!! After our 1st lesson myself and my friend were hooked and went for a lesson every day after that until we went home. We could have rented a board off Charlie and gone off by ourselves but to be honest having Charlie along added to the experience, we loved hearing his stories and just having a laugh so it was worth the little extra money. The only downside was that we hadn't discovered SurfSUP in our 1st week in Barbados because we would have been their everyday to go out paddleboarding. so anyone wondering what to do in Barbados go find Charlie at SurfSUP and go paddleboarding. Trust me you will have an amazing experience and you will become hooked.

1  Thank aoife289
Reviewed 11 February 2013

While in Barbados learning stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) was one of the things that I had to do and SurfSUP Paddleboarding was recommended to me by the people I was staying with.

I went on my first lesson and I think I was hooked from that point. I lucked out because I was the only person going on that lesson, so it was a great way to try out SUP for the first time! Charles is a fantastic instructor, he knows the in's and out's of paddleboarding, is full of tips, has patience and has a great sense of humor. (Also, remember to ask Charles about sailing, he has good stories.) You learn the basics of SUP on the beach and then soon you hit the water and away you go. Both of the lessons I took started out on Pebbles Beach and we paddled up and down Carlisle Bay from there; I can't think of a better setting!

I admit I was pretty tense for the first half of my first lesson because of my nerves and as a result I kept falling off the board. But Charles quickly put me at ease, gave me a lot of confidence and soon I loosened up; something clicked (as he said, "the light bulb went off") and then it was smooth paddling.

My second lesson was in a group, but it was just as great. This time though the lesson was in the evening and it was really beautiful on the water. I would definitely recommend taking at least one evening SUP lesson. The sunset at the end capped off a fantastic paddle.

I would highly recommend SurfSUP. If you want a good mix of activity, relaxation, great views and a few good laughs you need to sign up for a lesson. Also, Sammy at the SurfSUP shack is a great help and always smiling.

1  Thank Eliz_Chip