“Great place right on the beach...”

Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bridgetown
Orebro, Sweden
“Great place right on the beach...”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This place is great and the staff is very helpfull. The rooms are clean and refurbished recently. If you are into snorkling the wrecks are right of the beach 600ft. Also some beach sports are avalible 100ft to the left of the hotel. The breakfast staff is a bit slow with clearing the tables and bringing the check so new guests can come in but that about it on the bad side maybe the AC could be a bit more quite. It is close the Cuz fish shack that serves the best fish cutters on the island. The bus stop is right outside the hotel on the main street for transport maybe to the Gap or Bridgetown. Take the reagge bus it's a blast :)
Sunbeds complementary on the beach with good quality so no need to walk to any other place. Dinner we never tried so can't say god or bad but the drinks are good at evening and in the beach bar.
The View is also amazing.
PS.Sorry for the bad English.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HerrWestergard
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear HerrWestergard,

Thank you for your lovely review of the Radisson Aquatica . We are all very happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one .You mentioned that your room was kept clean, I must say the Housekeeping staff performs diligently to ensure that our rooms are well maintained and public areas are kept in immaculate condition. Thank you for pointing that out !

Its great that you got to explore Barbados a bit via the "reggae buses", always a fun and thrilling way to do it !!

We appreciate your comments, thank you for visiting the Radisson Aquatica and we hope to see you again in the not to distant future.

Gerry Lewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I went with my co-workers, We stayed 10 wonderful days. The staff we great to us,and Very warm and friendly. the rooms were very clean and the view was perfect!!!! Cheryl Blackmon, Margret, Ms Nicole, Regina Belle,Nigel, Gerry Lewis, Kavita ,Eudina,are just a few names of the people who made our stay wonderful!!!! I will tell any and everybody to stay at the Radisson. Dippers Bar is next to hotel, and is a wonderful spot to eat, drink and to make friends with people from around the world.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MsCatedra
Best Vacation Spot Ever !!! ,

I love your title, what a way to describe your 10 day stay with us at the Radisson Aquatica . It was certainly our pleasure serving you during your holiday . Thank you for taking the time to mention those persons who contributed to your wonderful time here in Barbados.

We appreciate you telling all your friends about us, please make plans to return soon, we will be right here on the beautiful Carlisle Bay waiting for you !!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I went here with my Dad in February they could not have been more welcoming. We had two lovey rooms looking out onto the beautiful beach. The rooms were lovely and clean and well presented. The hotel was fantastic absolutely brilliant and very economical. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We both were very sad to leave and would definitely go back. One criticism perhaps the service at breakfast and happy could have been a little quicker otherwise it was perfect.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank moonflower88
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Greetings to you, Moonflower88

Thank you for your wonderful comments posted here on Trip Advisor . We are all elated that you had a fantastic time with us . I'm very glad to hear that the staff looked after you well, I will ensure that they are all made aware of your very kind comments .

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Aquatica , we eagerly look forward to your return.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while we waited to go on a cruise. Position is good for the beach and a longish walk along the beach to Bridgetown. Took a long time to book in with little interest from the staff. Room was ok but the sound proofing is poor. We could hear everything that was said in the next room !! He menu and food quality was poor. We ate there the first night and then went to the Hilton next door the following night. The hotel is used by Vergin crew, so there is a lot of coming and going etc.

2 Thank jim s
Dear Jims S,

Thank you for your recent posting of your stay at the Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados. I'm happy that you enjoyed the central and beachside location of the resort . I'm however sorry that you did not fully enjoy your Food and Beverage experience in particular .

We have been continually improving our F&B offer, our most recent addition being the Neptune's Grill, which offers Caribbean cuisine in a very casual atmosphere , right on the beach !

We have taken note regarding your comment on sound proofing, while not a re-occurring comment , its certainly worth investigation . Thank you .

I do hope that you do get the opportunity to return for a longer stay in the very near future . Your review is much appreciated, thank you once again .

utah
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I only wished that we could have stayed longer. The location is perfect since you are between two beaches. The beach closer to Bridgetown has some wrecks off shore that are excellent snorkeling sites. The views from you patio and room are outstanding. The staff was excellent.Windsor was extremely helpful since we had flight changes and missed our first night's
stay. It is nice to be able to walk to Bridgetown. We also loved that this hotel is smaller than the Hilton.The rooms and bathroom have been remodeled.

3 Thank utahwilbur
Dear Utahwilbur,

Your great comments on the hotel and overall review of your stay are very much appreciated . You have joined many reviewers who have made positive mention of the staff, gorgeous location and stunning view of Carlisle Bay from the room patio.

Thank you for your specific mention of Winston, I will ensure that he is congratulated . We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados .

Kind Regards

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

When I was booking my Barbados vacation, I had narrowed my choices to the Radisson and the Hilton (which are close to each other). They both had good reviews, but the location right on the beach (Pebbles Beach/Carlisle Bay) sold me on the Radisson, and I'm so glad I chose it! I really enjoyed my week-long stay and though there were a few things that could be improved upon (see below), they were far outweighed by the benefits and I would both return myself and recommend it to others.

The good:
- Location, location, location! The beach that it's on is one of the best I have seen. It's a glorious strip of pinkish-white sand that stretches all the way to Bridgetown. It's clear for swimming and snorkeling (and the hotel has a pier, under which there are lots of coral and fish to see), perfect for a morning walk/run, and has restaurants, beach bars, and water sports equipment rentals all along the stretch. It's also neat to watch the horses from the nearby race track come down for a swim right beside the hotel!

- The staff are friendly and helpful throughout the hotel (restaurant/housekeeping/front desk).

- The building itself is a bit older, but it has been recently upgraded with modern decor. It looks fresh and clean, and the lobby area is inviting. The room was tastefully appointed and I wish I had the office chair for my desk at work. I loved the beach view of Carlisle Bay, and spent many mornings reading a book with a cup of tea on the balcony = perfection! The air conditioner was quiet and kept our room at the perfect temperature.

- There is free wifi throughout the property, with a strong signal wherever you go - lobby, room, restaurant, or beach! You can have up to three connected devices, and you don't have to continuously log in. This is a huge selling feature for me, as I hate having to pay up to $20 a day extra for internet just to share some photos on Facebook and check my email (however, these are also things I do not want to do without while travelling!)

- The hotel is within walking distance (or a short taxi ride) of a variety of restaurants in Hastings, including Blakey's, Tapas, Nauru, etc. It is also about a two minute walk from a restaurant called Brown Sugar that offers up a great selection of local food at a reasonable price.

- The food at the beach bar is awesome for lunch/afternoon snack. I overheard some people say that they had the best crispy fries on the island, and I would have to agree. Food is tasty, reasonably priced (drinks too!), and they will bring it right to your beach chair in a timely manner. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard, but good, and though it was included with our room, I saw that it was reasonably priced when compared to similar offerings from other hotels I have stayed at.

- They have a large supply of beach towels, in good condition. Some days it looked like all of the beach chairs were full, but we never had a day without one, and we didn't have to go down at 6 am to stake them out or anything. They have plenty of umbrellas that staff will set up for you if you're needing some shade.

- I liked that this was a smaller hotel (when compared to the Hilton, for example). It gave it a more boutique/intimate feel that I really enjoyed.

The bad:
- There weren't too many complaints but one was that the temperature of the water in the shower was a bit inconsistent. There was always hot water available, but the water temperature would change from burning to cool in the course of one shower. My guess is that they have an older plumbing system that doesn't maintain pressure when people in other rooms flush their toilet/use their sink. You get used to it, as you would in any older home, but it would be great if it were fixed.

- The pool is very small. This was not a problem for me because I booked the hotel for the beach, but take note if you are a pool person.

- The hotel restaurant has an ok dinner, but service is slow and there is not a lot of selection. It's not really a problem because there are many other great restaurants around, just plan for going out.

- I would have liked a guest services book in the room, detailing breakfast hours, pool hours, where you can pick up beach towels (front desk), and general hotel and Barbados information. The front desk was always friendly and helpful with questions, but I would rather not have to bother them for simple information.

- The bed was a bit hard for my taste.

Room Tip: I was happy with my Beach View room, which included upgrade amenities, two sinks in the bathroom, da...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank ixia416
Pearl River, New York
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I just returned from an 8-day stay at the Radisson Aquatica - my first trip to Barbados - and I was thrilled with the accommodations. When researching hotels I was torn between this property and the Hilton next door, but I'm very pleased I settled on the Radisson. The Hilton beach was disappointing when we checked it out in person, whereas the beach in front of the Radisson is just amazing. If you're more of a pool person the Hilton would be the better choice. However, I came to Barbados to experience the beaches and the Radisson beach is superior (by far).

It's an easy walk from this location to Bridgetown (15-20 minutes). In the other direction it's about a 45-minute walk to Champers, our favorite restaurant of the trip. We even managed to walk to Saint Lawrence Gap, although that was quite a hike (1 hour and 45 minutes I believe, with a couple stops on the way).

Without question, everyone we encountered at this hotel was helpful and friendly. The housekeeping was superb - our room was immaculate for the duration of our stay. And this is coming from a bit of a neat freak. Rooms are nicely updated and comfortable. The breakfast (which was included in our room rate) was great. Lots of choices and even some traditional Bajan options. Margaret makes eggs to order, and she cooked my "well-done" fried eggs perfectly each and every time. No runny yolks! Thank you Margaret!

As others have mentioned, the air conditioning unit in the room is loud, but I'm not a light sleeper so it didn't bother me at all. However I can see where this may be an issue for some...

There's a computer that guests can use for free. I didn't bring my phone or laptop so this was appreciated. It's kind of tucked away and not so easy to find, but they will gladly show you where it is. I did not use the gym (as we got our exercise by walking everywhere) so I can't comment on that.

Overall I was very, very pleased with the Radisson Aquatica. I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others, and I will definitely stay here again when I visit Barbados in the future. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!

4 Thank cwri2311
Dear CWR12311

What a wonderful review ! we are quite thrilled to hear of the fantastic eight days spent with us. I'm very happy that everyone you encountered were helpful and friendly and that particularly the housekeeping team, maintained your room in an immaculate manner .

Thank you for your specific mention of Margaret, she will be thrilled that you remembered her and her eggs !!!

Your kind recommendation is very much appreciated. Thank you once again.

Kind Regards
Gerry Lewis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
#24 of 51 in Christ Church Parish

Been to Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados? Share your experiences!