“Healthy Vegetarian / Vegan Lunch”

The Green Lime Eco Cafe & Juice Bar
Ranked #23 of 143 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Description: Vegan Cuisine | Beverages | Desserts and more served at the Food Court of Norman Centre in Bridgetown, Barbados. We offer a Meal Plan and are available for Catering.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The Green Lime Eco Cafe is situated upstairs in a corner in the Norman Centre Shopping Mall which is situated next to Cave Shepard in the centre of Bridgetown. If you are in town and if you are into healthy eating / vegetarian /vegan I recommend you check it out.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a combination meal of 3 items (I chose local foods of vegetable stew sprinkled with hemp seed, plantain and breadfruit). Absolutely delicious, nutritious and filling.

I finished it off with a healthy juice.

Reasonable price, relaxed shopping mall cafe, friendly staff, WiFi. Eat at own pace and leisure.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Great amostphere tasty food. Overall a great experience. Chef Shawn always gives his clients the best local sourced foods, unique combos of fruit drink mixes and smoothies. Benefits of eating there are that you will be supporting local producers and farmers, enjoy eating plant based dishes and the restaurant uses eco friendly cutlery and food containers.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I'm a recent convert to the vegan lifestyle. I wanted to link up with family on the other side of the island and also explore this new vegan diet. The Green Lime was a sweet deal. I'm not a gourmet but my palate is wise enough. The meals were savoury and fresh tasting. My pocket wasn't undone either. Each member of my small lunch crowd (only three of us, including myself) was delighted with the fare. The appeal is rustic, quaint; reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen. Many palatable memories which cannot be forgotten flashed past cheesy montage-style: bustling appetites; bursting bellybuttons; hearty banter over good food. The man behind the pots and pans has concocted this home away from home vibe somewhere down by the beach. X marks the spot for The Green Lime.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

The hardest part of eating there is choosing. Everything sounds delicious (and everything is, actually, delicious). The chef clearly is passionate about cooking and tries hard to share that enthusiasm. He's very accomodating too. One thing that surprised me at first is that you can order the very same dish two days in a row and *not* get the same thing in your plate. Turns out it's amazing either way, so once you accept that a dish is more of a concept that'll vary based on mood and available ingredients and less of a fixed recipe, it's all good! If time is a constraint, It suffices to order behorehand - though in my experience, this restaurant is no slower than others in the area.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I enjoyed my time spent their. GLC's natural juices are nice. Atmosphere relaxing and the service was good,