Appartements, cleaning and service is great. Exeeded expectations. the problems we had with this complex was:
1. You had to cross a very busy road to get to the beach. Unsafe for children to cross alone. Once at the beach there was a big problem with traffic noise and exhaust smell from buses and trucks. if you like the beach this is not the place for you.
2. The layout of the pool was such that if you were in the pool you felt like being on a stage. especially the children pool was like this. We travel a lot and it is not the first time we visit children pools - this was special. Otherwise the pool and outside area was OK.
3. We were placed in the northernmost building (paw paw) witch is close to the road with traffic noice and the balconies are built in to reduce the noice. This makes the appartments way to hot. The AC is regulated by motion sensors so you have to be in the room and move for them to work. Cannot cool down the bedroom prior to going to bed. You actually have to stay there and move for an hour or so prior to going to bed if you want to go to bed in a cool room. I think the rate we paid should be enough for a workable AC system.
4. The appartements on this complex all had individual owners, and the appartements where then rented out when owners did not use them. Many of the other guests at the complex were the owners themselves and this made the population on the complex a little unusual for us. The owners with their network, and then the "outsiders".
If you are not so interested in the beach i recommend this complex, otherwise - Stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Certificate of Excellence 4 years running and Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 2 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish