Sandy Lane Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$598
US$423
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
US$645
US$545
US$219
US$213
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Beach View(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$241
Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$549
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels(Paynes Bay)(Great Value!)
US$380
US$282
Coral Reef Club(Holetown)(Great Value!)
US$505
US$462
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$640
US$544
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$670
All reviewsbajan blueafternoon teamonkey bartreehouse clubgolf courses areluxury ocean roomorchid wingblue restaurantamazing spathe cliffkids clubhotel is beautifulluxury hotelmoment you arrivefeel specialspa treatmentsbeach staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We arrived in Barbados and were recommended to try Bajan Blue at Sandy Lane. More in hope than expectation we called them and were told there was one table available for Christmas Eve due to a cancellation which we eagerly took. They took down the normal details you would expect such as mobile number and hotel details.
On arrival the gateman informed our taxi driver in no uncertain terms that we did not have a reservation and to go away. I argued and after telling me he could not call up as the telephone was broken he produced a mobile and called the restaurant.
He told me the manageress would come down but actually she called him back and asked for me to go on phone-waste of time really as same story as gateman -rude answer of if you don't have an e-mail confirmation not interested -seems they always send an e-mail confirmation even though we have not been asked for our e-mail address!
Sorry is clearly not in the Sandy Lane staff training book!
i was with my wife and 3 children and baisically they were rude and offered no suggestion as to what to do at 8PM on Christmas Eve to feed my three children which would have at least shown some interest.
The whole experience was one of "we cannot be wrong so it must be you".
Thanks to a marvellous taxi driver we did find a place but no thanks to the crew at Sandy Lane.
On returning back to the hotel I checked the call log to make sure I was not going mad and it shows a four minute conversation with Bajan Blue!
Big issues and clearly not the hotel the web site portrays!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
55  Thank EdwardB31
Reviewed 17 December 2011

This was our seventh visit,whch says it all and although not absolutely perfect,pretty,pretty close!
The hotel has even improved over the last couple of years.
A few areas to polish up quite easily are security and the old 'taxi' airport transfer .
Delightful place with some great staff all helping to get it as close to an all round heaven as you can possibly get.
Yes decidedly expensive and doesnt encourage non guests but all helps it to be what it is.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank HarryManchesterUK
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I recently went to Sandy Lane for Lunch at Bajan Blue. The hotel looks great and we had lunch which was fine. We had finished lunch and as it was getting hot where we were sitting I asked the waitress if we could move to the terrace / pool bar for an after lunch drink in the shade. This is where it went wrong. We had not been informed that there were restritions regarding lunch guests having a drink at the terrace bar. Our waitress had mistakenly assumed that we were registered hotel guests when she said the move was fine. We were initially refused service which was very embarrassing and uncomfortable. I explained to the barman what had happened and he was begrudgingly going to pour us a drink whilst still complaining that we should not be there. At that stage I told him to forget it, we returned to our table asked for the bill, paid and left. It was very uncomfortable and we did not want to drag it out by involving management. I fully respect the hotels right to make rules like this for the comfort of their registered guests, but were we not guests also? It certainly did not feel like it. If we were aware of this type of restriction we would have gone elsewhere. I believe the hotel should make non registered guests aware of this as otherwise, as in our case it spoiled our afternoon and effectively wasted our money. Tom

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
36  Thank Lyons T
Reviewed 7 December 2011

...apart from the weather. We were only there for a few days which, for the most part, were rainy and cloudy, but this being the Caribbean, it didn't seem to matter as the occasional breaks in the clouds and brighter patches still gave us fabulous tans. The hotel staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive and the manager (apologies for not recalling his name) made a point of chatting with the guests. I got the impression he felt personally responsible for the weather.
The room was fantastic with everything controlled by buttons - drapes, TV, aircon etc - but regrettably, no button to move the clouds (I checked). The food was glorious, and they were accommodating enough to whip up anything I fancied.
I was pleased to find other guests were friendly, which makes a change from many other top hotels I've been to - suggesting everyone was truly relaxed. I certainly was.
I'm sure there have been gripes about the prices, but in the same way that a Rolls Royce owner shouldn't buy it if he's worried about the cost of fuel, don't stay here if you're worried about the cost of meals.
IF I had an issue - and it really is minor, I would have liked to have been met at the airport with a Sandy Lane Merc, rather than the Merc we got, which had a "Taxi" sign on top. Blimey - how spoiled am I!? We'll be back...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank GrumpyBugger
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My husband and I 5 nights at Sandy Lane for my birthday. Amber 76 review could have been my exact words from start to finish...so read her review too. I loved the place and the service was wonderful. I expected to pay top dollar for food and drinks...no surprise. However when I am paying top dollar I expect the food to be amazing. The food was good, but nothing great. Nothing "wow"ed me and the only great meal was the carribean buffet, but it cost $140 US EACH!!! They need a new chef or lower prices. Also $25 for a poolside drink? The service poolside was super great though!! Again amazing service!
Myra and Junior and Teresa and Yomi were amazing. Loved the staff and would go again because of them and because of the gorgeous pool,spa,golf course, beach., room. But when we do, we will either sign up for the prefix and lower our expectations or eat off the resort.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple