“Pure luxury”
Review of Sandy Lane Hotel

and 1 more site!
Sandy Lane Hotel
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Amazing hotel, fantastic rooms, delicious food, amazing beach and friendly staff.
I loved the rooms, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge with a lovely shower, they have thought of everything. I had an Ocean room on the ground floor and loved that it was so close to the beach with direct access from my terrace.
The staff on the beach were very attentive, we took a hobie cat out for a sail which was a perfect way to finish a perfect day.
The food was outstanding with plenty of choice for everyone, far to many delicious desserts to tempt me!
This has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at, I felt like a princess.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lollysmum118

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Having stayed at Sandy Lane Hotel 9 years ago and not long after the major refurbishments I was curious to see how things had changed. From the minute we were dropped off at the entrance, we felt so special, it was like stepping into a world of pure luxury where nothing was to much trouble. The staff were very approachable and friendly and genuinely couldn't do enough to help. My GHD's broke during my stay and they even provided me with a pair to use - if that isn't impressive I don't know what is. We had a wonderful few days at Sandy Lane and have to say personally I felt the hotel had a much more relaxed feel about it and the service, food and cocktail party were second to none. I couldn't fault anything at all with my stay other than wishing it was longer.

3  Thank Daf M
Reviewed 24 July 2012

A wonderful hotel, staff, ambience and food. Beautiful beach and friendly people. It is a truly amazing place and the experience is delightful and long lasting. A top resort in a totally different league to any hotel in the world.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drwinbow
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have traveled to Barbados many times and stayed in different hotels along the west coast. This was my first stay at Sandy Lane and it was a different league. The setting was stunning as always in Barbados, but everything else was better than I have seen anywhere else. The service was impeccable, the hotel beautiful and the whole experience out of this world.I would highly recommend playing a round of golf, particularly if you can get on the 'green monkey' and drinks in the club house. The general manager came over to see us and was charming even reccomending some local bars that I have never been to before.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank james g
Reviewed 14 July 2012

There really is nothing bad I can say about this hotel. It was the best hotel I've ever stayed at, period. Pure luxury. What a change coming from The Crane!

We had massages booked at noon and upon our arrival, concierge greeted us with beverages and cool towels and gave us a quick tour since our room was not ready yet. The couples massage was perfect and the spa was so clean and spectacular, we couldn't wait to see our room.

Our room was on the bottom floor with double glass doors that opened up right to the beach. Everything in the room is powered by beside touchpad controls including the drapes, fan, ac, television, lights, music, etc. The furnishings were immaculate and the bed was so plush and comfortable. The mini bar was well-stocked, not a detail was overlooked. There is a huge his and hers closet and the bathroom was spacious with lots of little extras. I absolutely loved the cozy bathrobes and slippers, of course detailed in their signature pink.

The service was phenominal too, every staff member went above and beyond. The room service was superb. They literally have a book for a menu as they offer practically anything you can think of. The breakfast is complimentary and I enjoyed that on the patio every morning. There are lots of healthy options and you can even ask for french pressed coffee, love it.

The premises itself is gorgeous. Wonderful pools and spa, and the views and decor are immaculate. The beach is so peacful, it feels like a dream. The sand is so clean and perfect and the cushioned pink lounge chairs and pink umbrellas look so charming sitting in the sun. They offer complimentary rafts and paddleboards to play on right at the beach, so nice. I hated to leave, it truly was an unforgettable experience.

9  Thank Lianna S
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wife and I just returned from our 12 day Honeymoon, at Sandy Lane. I have previously travelled throughout the Caribbean, and stayed at different high-end properties like the Ritz Carlton, Little Palm Island, and Las Casitas, and while all those other properties are top-shelf, I have to admit that this is the finest sun, sand, and beach hotel I have ever been to.
The staff and the service are AMAZING. The room was AMAZING. The facility is AMAZING. The spa is the BEST I have ever been to anywhere. The golf courses are top-10. And the food was INCREDIBLE.
There were no draw-backs. The staff was courteous and worked through any issues we had immediately and with a smile. We will most definitely return to this incredible property and beautiful island. The most challenging part of my day was deciding what umbrella drink I wanted to have, and at what time I was going to wash off the sand on my feet and head off to dinner. The beach support staff was incredible – our lounge chairs and umbrella configuration was set up to our specifications before we arrived each day, and was reserved for us even on days when we did not go to the beach.
Their fine-dining restaurant, L’Acajou, has extraordinary cuisine and wine selections every night. The Bajan Blue restaurant is on the lower floor facing the beach and has dinner themes that were all impressive. Stay for the Thursday night Caribbean Buffet. Breakfast was over the top with a huge assortment of food, and the Sunday Brunch was one of the best ever. If you can, get a table reserved on the beach and dine with your spouse alone.
Gentlemen, please bring long pants, collared shirts and dress shoes as those will be required anytime in the dining areas and the bar after 7pm.

Room Tip: ask for a beach view room when you arrive and see if they will upgrade you at no charge - but be war...
7  Thank Raymond R
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Sandy Lane is one those places where the staff seems to intuitively anticipate your every need... even before you think of it. From the moment hit the front gate, they know your name and everyone welcomes you like you are a frequent guest. The resort is elegantly styled around theme colors of pink and off-white. The rooms are large, nicely appointed, and the bed is quite comfy. We were on a lower loot and issues with mosquitoes. We notified the staff and they promptly sprayed the room while we were away. The gift shops at the resort stock very tasteful items so it's worth your while to shop some as well (we arrived during a sales time and found some great bargains). The hotel restaurant is excellent and I would suggest booking in advance as it fills quickly. Incidentally, I whispered in our greeter's ear upon arriving that we would be celebrating our honeymoon during the stay. When we went to the restaurant, a quiet table was set aside for us in corner with a nice view. It was decorated with candles and strewn with little hearts and words of endearment, a deft and unexpected treat. The only shortcoming is the beach. It is a white, fine sand beach, mind you, but it is not particularly long (thus crowded) and other than the old, large trees fronting it, is rather lacking in scenic charm. When it came time to leave, a Mercedes was waiting for our bright and early departure. Barbados is a very civilized island.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floor to lessen the mosquito issue.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple