“Second time and still great”
Review of Sandy Lane Hotel

Sandy Lane Hotel
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for May Half Term with wife and kids aged 9 and 7.

Everything was perfect starting with the priority pass through immigration to our waiting car. The rooms and balconies are huge and cannot be criticised. The food is lovely as is the beach , pool and kids club. Our kids disappeared for hours on end to play with friends at at the club where the staff were perfection . Indeed all staff without exception made our stay so memorable.

As well as a magnificent hotel there are countless top class places to eat within a 5 minute drive from the hotel . So much variety makes the stay even better . On nights we did go out without the kids the babysitting was excellent.

We will most definitely come back for a third stay. Well done Sandy Lane - you are setting the bar very very high indeed.

Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for Sandy Lane Hotel

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Yes it's pricey but its perfection everywhere. Personal escort from airport to hotel, management waiting to welcome you, and willing to do anything to make your stay perfect...perfection. I cannot say enough great things about our stay. My husband & I stayed here to break up our travel from st Vincent to US and even though we stayed just 2 nights, we were treated as if we were royalty. The food was excellent, the cocktails were tasty, and the hotel was flawless. Employees were always nearby checking to see if we needed anything or just asking how everything was going. When room service was going to be 5 minutes later than what they had told us, they called, apologized and I formed us it would be an additional 5 minutes. The spa was incredible. My husband & I went from room to room to enjoy everything that was offered (sauna, steam room, cold room, bucket drop, hydro pool, cold mist shower). We also both had great massages. Pool & pool service was superb. The beach was great also. The rooms are all technology. Touch screens control lights, drapes, TV, fan, AC temp, etc. The shower was awesome; It had 2 main shower heads and 6 body sprayers. Overall it's pricey but it is worth it in the details & in the service. Well done.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nolamkb
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Whilst visiting my daughter in Barbados we decided to try afternoon tea and have already decided that it will become one of our traditions whenever I visit.

Tea was served on the Lower Terrace. We decided to have the "Classic Tea" and was advised by one of the waiting staff that it was enough for two people. It consisted of Scones, Petit pastries and desserts, cakes and both finger and open sandwiches. It was just as I expected it to be - delicious. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The overall cost was 110 bds including service charge - excellent price for such a prestigious hotel. Booking is advised. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and one I am sure will be regularly repeated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank nycfan08
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been fortunate to be a guest at Sandy Lane for the last 8 years and have become a little complacent at the standards of excellence I continue to expect, but are always delivered. On this occasion I took advantage of a 'Romantic' break which included a catamaran cruise and a complimentary meal at Sandy lane's fine dining restaurant, L'acajou. I was indifferent about the cruise but always look forward to eating at L'acajou.
The cruise was absolutely incredible! Seven couples from Sandy Lane were picked up from our private beach at 10.00am and spent the first hour meeting each other, Casper and Josh and the rest of the crew, then the facilities whilst consuming the first of many cocktails and fine wines. First adventure was to spend another hour swimming with a dozen or so turtles (no dolphins Casper!) before visiting a wreck and reef swamped by an amazing variety of brightly coloured fish including my first sighting of a puffa fish and sea snake in situ!
Then onto a secluded beach where we moored and enjoyed a lunch of steak, chicken, fish, great wine and great company with our new found friends before frolicking like kids in the warm and inviting Caribbean! The crew of the 'Seaduced' made this an unforgettable experience.

During the cocktail evening I met with Head Chef Emmanuel and shared my love of pan fried Fois Gras and Steak tartar. When we arrived at L'acajou later in the week for our meal, Emmanuel and his evening Chef visited us at the table to introduce the fine dining menu but also to let me know that in addition to the superb choice, he had included Fois Gras and Steak Tartar for me and Sashimi and Japanese Black Cod for my girlfriend. I have insufficient vocabulary to let you know how incredibly brilliant that whole meal was but it clearly challenges for the best meal I have ever had anywhere in the world!
If you are considering a trip to Sandy Lane, please include these two experiences in your itinerary, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic. Ocean View are exactly what they say. Orchid rooms are garden view and quie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DocBeaconsfield
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A return visit for 10 days to the lovely sandy lane hotel all I can say is PERFECTION you will not be disappointed in any way with this hotel. If you are looking for something special or romantic this is the place for you. It is not cheep but you only get what you pay for and it's well worth paying for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here late last year. And it was one of the nicest hotels my husband and I have stayed at. It was clean, in a Perfect spot overlooking the glorious beach. My husband and I couldn't find fault in this well run resort. What made it so special for us though was the staff! Everyone was so accommodating and helpful?", and made you feel at home. Try the cocktails, they really are to die for, and the local rum was delicious. Our housekeeper was such a lovely girl who ensured that we were comfortable in our room, and that the standards were incredibly high. Though there is lots to do around the island, we found that we just stayed in the hotel mainly as the pools and bars and activities were enough for us. Many thanks to the staff and managers here. We will visit again by next year.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for afternoon tea and it was superb. The cocktails we had beforehand were delicious and the surroundings added to a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as was the service. A must do if ever visiting Barbados. Cannot fault anything!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairmont Royal Pavilion
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish

Been to Sandy Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!