My wife and I stayed at 'The House' from June 6th until June 16th 2014. We booked a one bedroom, ocean view suite through Virgin HIP Holidays.
On arrival in Barbados we were fast tracked through security and escorted outside the airport to kerbside where we were met by a car to take us to the hotel. Once inside the car, the driver welcomed us to Barbados and offered us both ice cold bottles of water - a nice welcome touch!
After approximately 20 minutes, we arrived at The House and whilst we sat down to enjoy the first of many Rum Punches, our bags were whisked away to our room. Checkin was quick and informal and we were soon shown to our room - WOW! We stayed in a one bedroom, ocean view suite.
Highlights of the room : two separate bathrooms both with amazing body jet showers and a very generous selection of Elemis product. A small 'bar' area containing a Nespresso coffee machine, a fridge, kettle and a wide selection of tea. (Great for us Brits). Two separate balconies both providing an amazing 180 degree view of the ocean.
The House is a beautiful place, calling it a hotel doesn't really do it justice - it feels so much more special than that. The staff are absolutely amazing and without a doubt make your stay! They're always on hand should you need something and go above and beyond to ensure you're being looked after. Special mention to Andrew - a huge Liverpool supporter - if you're planning to stay at the House, bring him a LFC souvenir - he'll thank you forever :-) Special thanks also to Kerri who helped planned some of our activities including recommending the awesome Good Times, catamaran tour. Agnes, Christopher, Anthony, Teddie...the list is endless - all the staff here including Joanna are wonderful. A shout out too, to the masseuses - we received a free 1 hour anti-jet lag massage each as part of our package and my wife swears, it was the best massage she's ever had!
A champagne breakfast every morning, free afternoon tea (scones & sandwiches) and complimentary ice cream, fruit, bottled water and cold towels served throughout the day. The most comfortable sun loungers we've ever experienced, beautiful sandy beaches and crystal clear, aqua water - what's not to love...?
On the final night of our stay, a turtle came out of the sea, crawled up the beach and chose a spot next to one of the hotel's sun lounger's to lay her eggs! An amazing, unforgettable experience and clearly a turtle with taste! :)
We absolutely loved our time at The House. If you're considering a holiday in Barbados - stay here, you won't regret it. Like us, I suspect from the moment you leave, you'll be thinking about returning! :)
Very small niggles:
The gym is small and poorly air conditioned - use the gym at the Tamarind (The House' sister hotel next door) instead. It's bigger with better equipment, double air con units and is free to use throughout your stay.
Beach sellers can be a pain but just be friendly and they'll leave you alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The House experience begins when guests enter along an enchanting private driveway, with lily ponds and walls of blossoming bougainvillea, which capture the essence of tranquillity and the promise of pure indulgence ahead. Through the hotel's wooden doors guests are treated to a stunning and unobstructed view of its white sandy beach and the ocean ahead. The open plan lobby is designed to capture the relaxed and inviting charm of the island - one that is sophisticated, yet informal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Travelbag, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The House by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The House Hotel Saint James
- The House Saint James
- The House Barbados
- Saint James The House
- House Barbados
- The House By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish