We arrived by private transfer from the airport, about 30 minutes drive away. The house has the appearance of a Castle at the front, taxis drive over a wooden structure, surrounded by a Lilly pond with koi carp.
The room was beautiful, spacious and fully equipped. We had an ocean suite opening out the pool area. We had concerns about noise but they were unfounded, it is a quiet resort
The house is next to Dafnys Restaurant, which supplies all of the food. The Italian chef, Marco, is really talented, breakfast is first class, and includes champagne (Piper, no cheap rubbish either).
Don't miss out on the glass bottomed boat snorkelling trip. Swim with turtles, or watch from the boat...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The House experience begins when guests enter along an enchanting private driveway, with lily ponds and walls of blossoming bougainvillea, which capture the essence of tranquillity and the promise of pure indulgence ahead. Through the hotel's wooden doors guests are treated to a stunning and unobstructed view of its white sandy beach and the ocean ahead. The open plan lobby is designed to capture the relaxed and inviting charm of the island - one that is sophisticated, yet informal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Ebookers, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The House by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The House Hotel Saint James
- The House Saint James
- The House Barbados
- Saint James The House
- House Barbados
- The House By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish