We travelled with Virgin to this hotel for a 7 night break. We paid for a basic room which faced the garden area. We were near the piano bar, but only heard a minimal amount of noise one evening. Perhaps in high season it would get noisy, although the bathroom is between the bedroom and the outside, so I doubt it would be that bad. We had a bedroom and living room, which made for a nice spacious area. The walls were slightly dirty, with scuff marks in various places. The shower was poor, as there was no real pressure, and it couldn't be moved. It took ages to rinse your hair. Otherwise the accommodation was fine, and the bed was very comfortable.
I thought the food was generally excellent. We enjoyed Enid's very much, and the waiter service meals on the beach. Two nights there was a buffet/bbq which was okay. Breakfast was also good. Lunch was my least favourite meal, as there wasn't a great deal of choice if you didn't want a hot dog or burger. You could only get bread if you got them to make up a large "subway" like roll. and there was no cheese or cold meats.
The hotel provided a good selection of watersports, which were all free. We enjoyed the various boat rides, and some people were trying the water-skiing and sailing.
The activities on land were not so well organised. I missed the cooking demonstration as it was mentioned in small print at the bottom of the notice board, which I missed. Tennis was only organised once a week, and volleyball didn't happen as only my husband turned up for it. The organiser just shrugged rather than see if he could get anyone else to play.
Most evenings we sat outside with a drink, watching the sea, which was lovely, but I think the entertainment could be improved. The two girl singers were very good, but it almost felt like no one wanted to encourage the entertainment. The dance floor is large, but there are only a few tables around the edge, so hardly anyone sits there. One evening when they played some Bob Marley tunes a few people got up to dance, but then they took a break, coming back at 10.30 to play a few slow songs which no one danced to. By 10.45 the floor started to fill, and then finished promptly at 11pm. It could have been planned so much better.
We chose this hotel as we were travelling at half term and it was adult only. It was lovely having the pools free of lilo's etc and there were ample sunbeds, so only a few people bothered reserving sunbeds.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially in the restaurants and also Charlie, who took us out several times on the boats. The bar staff were very knowledgeable, fixing any drink that was requested.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at The Club, it's not perfect, but it's faults are minor enough to not really matter, and I think it represents excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Travelbag, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish