My husband and I went to this hotel as part of the prize won with virgin holidays. The hotel is small but that added to the charm as we do not like large resorts. We were put in a seaview suit which was lovely. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a lounge area which was an open balcony. This was lovely to sit on in the evening but too hot in the daytime as you do not get a lot of circulating air from the fan. We had daily visitors on our balcony in the form of birds, tip: don't leave towels out to dry as the birds tend to peck at them or poo on them.
The pool area looked very clean and with plenty of loungers however we did not use this area we preferred the view on the "beach" area at the back. The trees at the back provided some shade which was good. The resort does not have its own beach but as the beaches are public this meant we could walk on others if we wished. The only problem with this was that some of the beach vendors would walk through frequently and if the security weren't at hand could be a bit pushy. Generally the vendors were very nice and with a no thanks from you would leave you alone.
The food was quite nice although as fully inclusive we found it a little strange that you had to pay extra for things like a lobster tail which in Barbados would be seen more available.
All the waiting staff were very good and would keep you topped up with drinks and water.
We did a trip into Bridgetown which was really easy on the bus, buses are very cheap and run every 5mins or so.
All in all a lovely weeks holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, West Indies, Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelbag, Ebookers and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish