Our party of 6 adults stayed at the Club for 12 nights in the middle of June. From start to finish we all had an excellent time. The staff were all friendly, the rooms spotlessly clean and the food to a good standard for an all inclusive. We particularly liked Enids and ate there about 5 times.
As most reviewers are aware this resort does not have a beach as such. However, this does not stop people from swimming at the hotel. There are some ladders leading down into the water where you can swim in clear blue water. What a lot of people do not realise is that this hotel is a lot cheaper than many of a similar standard as it does not have a beach. As well as this, over the years the beaches on the west coast have eroded away. Friends of mine had stayed here several years ago and there was a beach here then. Unless you are elderly or have walking difficulties, its quite easy to walk over a few rocks to get to the beach at Sandy Lane next door or the currently deserted beach to the right of The Club (they are building a villa there at the moment). This deserted beach is absolutely gorgeous and if a strong swimmer you could even swim out to the local turtles who live close by.
With regards to some of the negative reviews I just do not understand what they are complaining about? I have worked in the luxury travel market for 10 years and know some people have stupidly high expectations. If you want Sandy Lane then you have to pay £700 a night for the privilege. We heard one person say they could get a better deal in Dominican Republic. I am sure you can, but the Dom Rep is not Barbados. I have been to the Dom Rep and its like a third world country, that’s why its cheap. The Club is an excellent value 4 star all inclusive in Barbados, which is one of the more exclusive islands.
I have stayed in many hotels over the years and it is quite common for hotels to take a deposit from your card as some of the other reviewers have negatively pointed out. We got it refunded so whats the issue? Some people have complained about being told what time to ate. Please remember that The Club offer al la carte dining most nights so have to book people in for dinner. They cant have everybody turning up at the same time. There are not many all inclusive that have al la carte dining most nights, so you have to sacrifice some things. The person who gave this hotel 1 star is having a laugh. I would like to put them into a 1 star and see their review, HA!
We also booked through BA Holidays who seemed to be by far the cheapest operator. They were about £500pp cheaper than Virgin. We noticed that the 4 star Club with BA was cheaper than some of the 3 star hotels with other tour operators.
I would definitely come back to this hotel; how many places can you go and get free water sports, have turtles swim up to your beach at night and see celebrities at the hotel next door? Plus we made some great friends on this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, West Indies, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish