I was very excited about going to Barbados for my birthday celebration, August 2014. If it wasn't for the few ppl we met, and some great staff, this trip would have been worse.
For the amount we paid for an all adult, all-inclusive trip, this was way way overpriced.
The hotel is old and way way overpriced: the room consisted of old and outdated furniture, the jacuzzi tub didn't work, the refrigerator didn't work, the mattress was old and lumpy, the bedding was scratchy, towels and face towels were hard and scratchy, the air conditioner was noisy as hell, the bathroom had mildew on sink and tub, and always felt unclean, even after taking a shower,
Restaurant: there was only two restaurants and they served the same menu each day,, the alcoholic beverages was 95% non-alcoholic, no entertainment, no night life other than the same two women singing the same songs each night.
Pool and Beach: two pools consisted of unkept water, a whirlpool that was supposed to be hot and relaxing, but it was COLD. There was no beach, and the MOSQUITOS was the absolute worst. We couldn't get away from them. We spent seven days spraying the most unpleasant bug repellant and it never worked. We sprayed our room non stop with repellant, and some staff members suggested wiping our arms and legs daily with Rum, yes Rum.
Staff: Thank goodness some ppl we met and some staff, made the trip bearable for the most part.
I would never go back here unless it was a free ticket, the hotel had a MAJOR renovation, and the MOSQUITOS go North, way NORTH.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, West Indies, TravelUp, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish