“The BEST of the BEST ”
Review of Champers

Champers
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, View, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“The BEST of the BEST ”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I travel to Barbados often and have been to almost all the restaurants on the island. By far and away, CHAMPERS is my favorite and one I always return to without exception. Balanced on a small cliff overlooking the Caribbean Ocean, the sounds of gentle ocean waves crashing into the rocks below, southern Caribbean ocean breezes caressing you and food and libation that is just as fresh and delightful. I have NEVER had a disappointing meal here - it has always been delightful and prepared fresh. I would say this is a romantic / date / honeymoon / anniversary restaurant and not a family (with kids) type of restaurant. I have been here with clients and it was perfect as well. Excellent local flavor, excellent food, excellent atmosphere, excellent views. I highly suggest making a reservation requesting a "overlook ocean view table". Otherwise, you may be placed in the interior of Champer's. Perfect for sunsets! A true Caribbean feel and very fresh seafood. Don't leave Barbados without going here - you'll regret it!

2 Thank TravelBoy27

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a birthday celebration”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My experience at Champers was changed from just a special occasion to a memory! Let's start with professionalism of the booking service...to the warm greeting at the door... to the multiple birthday wishes from all the staff. The table setting was personalised and lovely, the staff were nice, and the food was good. It wasn't my birthday but I felt just as happy as he did. Thank you Champers!

1 Thank Charlene K
Cardiff
“Superb Service and Awesome food”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We ate her on our first night in Barbados. My little daughter was jet lagged and the kind waitresses looked after her while she napped in the comfy sofa chairs whilst we ate a few feet away. Food was brilliant and we went back 3 or 4 times in our holiday... Brilliant position.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank ShamusG
Ireland
“Pretty but food overpriced”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a pretty restaurant, great staff but food is simply overpriced and dare I say it - not all that good. Would recommend The Fish Pot, or Lobster Alive far above this place!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank DoneDublin
Georgetown, Guyana
“Great restaurant for special anniversary meal”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Celebrated our wedding anniversary here. When booking a table my husband mentioned it was our anniversary. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and wished happy anniversary. We had a table on the rail overlooking the ocean. The table had been tastefully decorated for the occasion and they had printed special souvenir menus for us with our names and a message. It was a lovely touch. The meal was excellent. We both chose from the set menu for $99 BDS which offered a good selection. The coconut shrimp was excellent, the lamb shank was meltingly tender as was the pork loin. The coconut pie was delicious and the portion was very generous. We had a glass of prosecco each before the meal and a bottle of chianti with the meal. All in with a tip $400 BDS. Great value for the standard of food, the amazing setting and the friendly staff.

• Visited August 2014