“Simply Fantastic”

Best E Villas Providence
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Simply Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were very impressed by the level of service at Best E Villas and are very grateful that Errol went out of his way to ensure we were comfortable. He even treated us to dinner with his family and some of the famous Barbados rum!

The apartments are located rurally but getting into any of the nearby towns (Oistins etc.) is not an issue with frequent buses (mini-vans) passing by. Facilities were very clean and there was nothing missing.

In short, you can expect a very homely welcome and great value for money!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kyle W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just returned from a week in Barbados. This was my first trip there and I most certain it was the first of many to be spent at Best E Villas, Providence, Christ Church. This accommodation met and exceeded my expectations in all areas, from its peaceful residential location to the completely furnished spacious apartment. I could easily see a family of four or a group of friends enjoying the roomy villa. Gloria with her humble friendly manner does an excellent job maintaining the villas high level of cleanliness and Errol and his lovely family make you feel like you have arrived home. My only negative was a week went by so quickly and I had to leave. I strongly recommend Best E Villas and this will be my choice of places to stay on my subsequent returns. Thanks to you all especially Little Cailey! L auren

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lauren F
Bridgetown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I had the BEST experience ever. My friend and I will certainly be staying there again in the not too distant future. Best E Villas had all the comforts of home and the apartment was clean and spacious. Transportation was never a problem as a bus service was always available whether we were staying close to "home" or venturing to the north of the island. The staff were friendly and hospitable. See you there soon.

Room Tip: Any room will be a good room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank KissMySweetLips
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

My family and I stayed from December 2011 to January 2012. This was definitely a home away from home. Errol was very friendly and accomodating. The villa was very clean and well maintained. I will definitely stay here when I visit again. Great Value for Great price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CarMun
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I spent 1 month at the Best E Villas in Providence Christ Church Barbados. I absolutely loved staying at Best E Villas.The apartments are beautiful and spacious, equipped with everything you need to make your stay comfortable. Errol and staff were so warm and friendly and provided me with anything I needed. I strongly recommend Best E Villa's for anyone who is looking for the best!!

Thanks again!!!
Shaunna

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Celest246
Kent, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

I went to Barbados for a long weekend and the villa at Providence was just perfect for all my needs. Its in a lovely rural location with distant views of the sea and only ten minutes ride from the airport. The villa itself if fantastic. It has all the mod cons you need, with everything from a fully equipped kitchen and laundry room, to air con in the bedrooms. There is a large flat screen TV with satellite channels included, free wifi for keeping in touch with the world and a safe for keeping your valuables in. The villa is part of a small complex with 3 other villas, there are lush gardens and a lovely shared swimming pool. The villas all have good sized balconies which are just perfect for sitting out on with a nice glass of rum and watching the world go by.

Its only a five minute walk up to the bus stop, where you can get buses directly to Oistins (about 5 mins ride away), St Lawrence Gap (about 20 mins away) and Bridgetown (about 30 mins away). The buses run frequently every ten minutes or so and although they can get a bit busy during rush hour, they are very safe and extremely cheap ($1.50 to anywhere on the island). Whilst a car is useful for the villa, it is by no means essential and I managed perfectly well without one.

Oistins itself is great for an evening out (especially on the popular Friday Fish Fry night) and it has some great beaches (although to be fair, I don't know of any bad beaches in Barbados, they are all fabulous). St Lawrence Gap is perfect for a quiet drink or bite to eat during the day and it really gets going in the evenings, with lots of bars and clubs. Bridgetown was a little bit quiet for my liking. There's not a huge amount there and its not very touristy, but the Mount Gay Rum Factory on the north side of the town is well worth doing.

The villa owner Errol is the perfect host. When I stayed, he arranged an airport pickup for me (thanks Winston) and even took me out and about during my stay. (although I do blame him for my ever so slight rum addiction now:-)

Gloria the housekeeper ensures that the villas are always spotlessly clean and everybody is only ever a quick phone call away in case of any problems.

I got to see the sister villas up at Prospect whilst I was there and they are really lovely too. They have got a brand new wooden gazebo with bbq, table and chairs and a really nice pool. The location is only a two minute walk down to the sea and again a quick bus ride into the main resorts.

I would thoroughly recommend Bestevillas and am happy to answer any questions about them. Email me at mrandmrsmaloney@hotmail.com

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Malons01
Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

Errol the manager was very accommodating for our request and was very nice and friendly. Having Booked to stay in St James originally we found this area a little far to travel to St Lawrence Gap and the South Coast so after our first week we asked to relocate to Christ Church. Errol arranged this within 2 days and even had a bed transported there for our use.

The room was adequate with a 1 double bed and had enough room for a single bed. The rooms are spotless and bed linen was changed as requested by lovely Gloria the house keeper. There is a washing machine located in a communal area which is shared by apx 4 different villas. We never had to wait to use the wash room and were able to hang our clothes to dry the back garden of our villa.

There is a small swimming pool for guest use which is from 4ft-7ft, which is nice to cool off in the evenings or in the morning. There is a bus stop apx 5 min walk from the villa which takes you to the airport and to Oistins and Bridgetown. There is a nearby supermarket apx 10min drive and convenience store near the bus stop. The beach is a bus ride away apx 5mins to Miami or Enterprise beach. A bus to St Lawrence gap is apx 10/15 min or apx $30 bds in a taxi.

The layout of the property is very nice and the grounds and accommodation is well maintained. Buses stop running at 12pm so if you want to go to St Lawrence Gap you need to be on he bus by 11:30pm.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
#21 of 24 in Saint James Parish
Halcyon Palm
Halcyon Palm
#1 of 4 in Sunset Crest

Been to Best E Villas Providence? Share your experiences!