“The best days of our holiday!”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We are a family with daughters in their late teens, none of us had tried surfing before. Christian picked us up from our hotel and drove us to a perfect surfing spot. We were joined by an eight year old boy also having his first lesson. Christian had carefully selected boards to suit our heights and weights and ran through the basics on the grass. He is very safety concious, immensely patient and really encouraging. As a result everyone in our lesson got up on the boards on our first couple of runs! We were so amazed and even better his friend was taking loads of pictures.

If you are a first timer considering this activity just book with Christian and you will amaze yourself. We booked a second lesson for the last day of our holiday and I've booked flights for next year so that we can surf with Christian again.
Take plenty of sunscreen and drinks for the end.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My 3-month stay in Barbados would not have been as amazing as it was had it not been for surfing lessons with Boosy. He let us learn at the right pace and brought us to some great surf spots around the island. Apart from being an awesome teacher he's just fun to hang with and to watch as he showed us his love for surfing. I will really miss these amazing surf days with Boosy and definitely recommend his lessons to anyone visiting Barbados! Thanks so much, Boosy! :)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have been surfing with Boosy about seven times since I've been in Barbados and I've had so much fun every single time! Boosy is a great guy and an excellent teacher. He genuinely wants you to improve every single time you get on a board. His teaching style is simple to start and advances as you do. I highly recommend his school to anyone - I'm going to miss him and I can't wait to come back to Barbados and go surfing with him again! :)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Me and my friends got the most amazing surfing lesson. We were all beginners, but the theory was very well explained and the spot as well as the boards were ideal for our level and we all learned very quick. The view was breathtaking and we got to see sea turtles swimming as we were surfing! Boosy is an excellent teacher, passionate about surfing, encouraging and fun! And the value is great compared to a lot of other surfing lessons in Barbados. Boosy will pick you up and drive you back to bring you where the waves are best, provide the boards, and teach for 2 hours for a very affordable price!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had surfing lessons with Boosy's Surf School 3 years ago and I was absolutely impressed by the fact that everybody (including myself..) managed to stand up on the surf board already in the first lesson!!!
After that I was so enthusiastic about surfing that when I went back to Europe I tried to surf with other instructors but I was not able to get up.
Last week I went back Barbados with my friends and took them to have lessons with Christian and of course we all got up on the board, really amazing combined with so much fun!
It inspiring to see how Christian has the ability to analyze each student individually correcting the wrong postures and explaining exactly what is needed to get it right. His attention to the detail, his communication skills and motivation makes him unique and anybody wanting to learn to surf in Barbados is lucky to have him there. Thank you Christian "maestro" we will come back!