“Sunny Beautiful Barbados”

Barbados Beach Club
Baie-D'Urfe, Canada
“Sunny Beautiful Barbados”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Barbados is such a small island, but yet so beautiful. It caters to all kinds of people. I had a most wonderful time, with such amazing people.
Weather always guaranteed. I went at crop over this year.. wow, a huge party in downtown Barbados, roads block off for this party. Truly amazing and so is the shopping. A place I would love to go again and again.

Room Tip: I would choose a room in the St. Lawrence Gap. Beautiful all the way around no matter what side you...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sara J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The staff were lovely, they couldn't do enough for you .food not bad but very poor Vegetarian menu, we had 1 night of entertainment. Hotel should be a 2 star at best well past its sell by date. Very Surprised this is a virgin holiday hotel, maybe time to drop this hotel, very isolated nothing to do no pool table games room no shops around the area, pay a bit more and stay well clear of this place unless you like sun bathing we had room 202 crap view house about 20 yards away with 3 dogs barking most of the time no hot water all week

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank colin_revill

Travellers are raving about these Christ Church Parish hotels

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The staff were lovely, they couldn't do enough for you and very polite.
The decor was very dated and needed a good scrub to clean.
We went to the crystal cove hotel for a wedding whilst here and for the extra money paid, it was definitely worlds above our hotel!
The location is very isolated, you cannot walk out of the hotel to any shops etc.
this is the perfect hotel if you want the basics and if you are looking for a sunbathing holiday with not much else involved!
Wouldn't come back again really, not to this hotel anyway.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Georgina994
Burton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was the most appalling hotel I have ever stayed in and a wicked waste of my hard earned money. To summerise food crap, service crap , staff morale in the toilet. Entertainment was a joke appart from the singer who apeared on the tuesday night we were there .there was no 24 hour service not when it was lights out at 11PM I HAVE RENAIMED IT BARBADOS BOOT CAMP DUE TO COLD SHOWERS AND COLD FOOD. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK HAYES AND JARVIS FOR THE HIGH RECOMENDATION ...................NOT YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.
REGARDS VAL BENNETT DISGRUNTLED FROM STRETTON.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Val B
Planet Earth
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I've stayed at Barbados Beach Club a few times. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay each time, which kept me returning continuously. The rooms were spacious and everything else was on point. The all inclusive menus were great and the fact that the Hotel is right on the beach was fantastic.

My issue with this Hotel is an encounter I experienced over the phone with an employee. I called to inquire about a family booking. Subsequently, I called about booking a room for an event I was planning to have (these would have been 2 separate bookings for different times). Apparently the employee strongly felt that I was wasting her time (Unknown to her, I heard her in conversation with a fellow employee while I was placed on hold - I would not bother to go into what she said) because I called about two (2) different bookings at different times. I fail to follow the logic that because I made 2 different calls I was wasting time.

I was very disgusted by this and how it was put over etc. As a result, I now book accommodation elsewhere and will not be returning to this Hotel. I strongly believe that excellent service is not just what you think the customer can hear and see. Good customer service should be practiced at all times, even when you THINK no one can witness.

To the employee - I hope it was worth it. While I'm here just let me suggest that when you place customers on hold, ensure the "mute" feature is in effect.

P.S The ratings I provided below are unbiased and represent my true feelings on the Hotel itself; outside of the experience I encountered with the staff member.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor; much quicker to get on the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tamisha F
Reviewed 3 September 2013

From the pictures I saw online I was I bit hesitant but the price was unbeatable. I think I got my money's worth there. The food was tasty and the staff was helpful. There was a DJ by the pool side on the Saturday night and that was very entertaining. Guest were seen partying on the dance floor. The bar only supplied local alcohol but that wasn't a problem for me because I didn't want anything but their rum punch, which was very tasty.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dennisha C
England
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have ended up at this hotel by default, as a group of stranded Liat passengers. Yes LIAT yet again have failed to get us to our destination on time. On this occasion it is a broken down plane in Trinidad which meant our flight from St. Vincent missed the Virgin flight home. We are the last three of 15 similarly stranded three days ago and now on standby for a flight home.

It's big and it's modern. And there are lots of people walking around with coloured wrist bands on, including us. We are red. Red for waifs and strays with no alcohol. The rest of the guests mostly wear white. Perhaps this signifies the all inclusive guests, because even in August, there are plenty of them. The rooms are clean and tidy with great views over the beach. The bar is well stocked but the staff are a bit grumpy. Cricket commentary from the latest 20/20 match is blaring out, so not much of an atmosphere for the guests.

The restaurant food is very good, great choice, buffet style. Again the staff here are a bit grumpy. There is no air con in the restaurant and it's a bit sweaty. It's a big place with opportunities to lose yourself for a quiet drink. When we arrived the receptionist was really helpful, the one who has replaced her is not so.

Overall, a good place to come with children and if this is the case not much good for miseries like us who prefer not to be in their vicinity. Can't comment on price as we are all accommodation, food and drink(no alcohol) paid. Families will have a good time here. It's close to Bridgetown and nightlife too.

Room Tip: One that looks out to sea of course. However could be risky if music from the bar is too loud.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
#23 of 51 in Christ Church Parish
Discovery Bay by Rex Resorts

Been to Barbados Beach Club? Share your experiences!