“Vikki”

Barbados Beach Club
“Vikki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back from the beautiful island Barbados, cannot fault the hotel, food was good, staff was friendly and helpful, entertainment was ok, seem to be in the process of updating. Rooms clean and tidy, great view of the sea. Would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vikki G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Celebrated a 70th Birthday, BBC made it a beautiful and memorial event. Our stay was relaxing with beautiful views and amazing service and did I say clean? The level of cleanliness surpassed many others hotels I have visited. During my stay I lost/misplaced my ring which I thought I had packed and didn't realize it was completely lost until I had returned home and search diligently through all my luggage. I emailed BBC three weeks after my stay, not only did they responded quickly with great news that they found it they also coordinated the safe return of it!!! I honestly thought that I'd never see it again. I cannot even describe in words the integrity of BBC but also the level of service. Maxine went above and beyond not only with our celebration but with the return on my ring. Our experience in all areas of BBC was amazing and I would highly recommend BBC to anyone wanting beautiful views, white sandy beaches, sounds of the ocean along with relaxation, service and integrity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Natalie H
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Travelled as newly married couple for our honeymoon (1 week) - the location of the hotel is excellent, the food is great and plenty of space on white sand beach... Loved the waves and the breeze, much nicer location than on the west coast (we visited it later in the week). We got room 405, 4th floor with fantastic veiws over the sea, thanks to a very helpful hotel manager who upgraded us and arranged a bottle of champagne in our room! we rented a car for one day only - it was enough to see all the sites in Barbados. Had 2 dinners in the Sea Rock restaurant - excellent food and staff. Walked to Oystins - great experience too!
Would definately return to the hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Spygliukas
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I use to work in the hotel industry for over 10 years (5 yrs at a 5 Diamond). One thing I have learned from reading reviews is: Everyone's review is THEIR TRUTH. BBC is just a 3 star resort. I went with a group of friends, 45+ in age. Some in the group had an issue with their rooms but the matter was quickly resolved.
My room (honeymoon suite) was just right. My balcony overlooked the pool, but partially blocked by a tree, but still able to see the ocean...which made it more secluded and romantic. My only issue was the bathroom air vent...a person could look into the bathroom from the hall if they flipped the vent...it was creepy. I opened it and said hello and scared my bf...too funny. From the other reviews and my experience, they do have a water issue. For whatever reason, I had no problem with the water. You had to pump the toilet to get it to completely flush. It became a running joke, as we would compare it to other toilets on the island.

The food was ok, what I expected. Breakfast was fine, just what I expected. Lunch/Dinner - some dishes were better than others. The selection was good. If I didn't like something, I went and got something else...the beauty of the all-inclusive. Of course, the alcohol is not top shelf, expected for the price of your stay. The exterior was what I expected it to be for a 3 star. We had the luxury of not having to deal with a crowd, no issues with beach/pool chairs. The staff made our stay great.

Overall, it needs to be updated but otherwise all is good. The price fits the facility. FYI this is not the Ritz nor the Hilton...this is not a hotel in the USA. I don't understand why some reviewers would expect to get champagne accommodations for beer prices.

This is a resort on a Caribbean island, they are more laid back...so expect that. If you want to lounge, be pampered at a resort and stay primarily on the resort, this may not be for you, but if you truly want to enjoy the island, this resort will be fine for you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank eventfuls
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have stayed here every February for last ten years. Don't be put off by negative reviews. BBC Is a friendly three star Bajan delight with wonderful staff, good food, great location and we can't wait to return. The beach is small but run efficiently by Steve. Sandra in the restaurant is a wonder and her staff are friendly and smiley. The bar is great for the days and evenings - Maurice, Dale and boys are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Gin & tonics wonderful. The reception girls are lovely and go out of their way to ensure a great stay. Again, can't wait to return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank THEGIRLSBristol
Chaguanas, Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is located on the coastline which gives visitors staying in most rooms sea view. It is a very calm and relaxing atmosphere, typically for a mature crowd. The staff is very friendly, with Juliet being outstanding and most welcoming. The service and food is on par with the three star ratings of the hotel. Many persons come this place and because it is so lovely do an injustice and compare the BBC to a five star hotel. You get your money’s worth. Most people pay for three star hotel ratings and expect five star treatment. One negative feedback is that the place is in some need of repairs and refurbishing in which from time to time, there may be an interruption in basic service. This must be a top priority with Management. For instance the Hot water might not work for a few hours etc. and the failure to promptly correct these issues are giving the hotel a pretty much negative review. However in general I like this place…

Room Tip: Sea View or Pool front
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ronald_Mootoo
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a simple hotel yet has everything you need for great holiday in Barbados. If you want five star quality and service with people running after you then this is not for you. The staff are wonderful and are real Bajan human beings - no corporate clones here. This is a traditional Barbados hotel staffed by traditional Barbadians. Nothing is a problem but nothing is rushed - just chill out! The menu is simple but of a good quality and standard. You could say it's food you would have at home with a Bajan twist at times. The pool area is clean and well maintained. It also has access to a small fantastic beach. Beach towels are available to hire. Room safes are also available to hire. Wifi is free throughout the property. Late check outs are available - short term may be free but longer terms can be chargeable at a reasonable rate.
Just lying back listening to the waves crash off the sea wall was amazing.
I was not expecting great things from this hotel and we were so surprised by what we got. We would come back here again without any worries!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#11 of 49 in Christ Church Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,926 reviews

Been to Barbados Beach Club? Share your experiences!