Adulo Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel PomMarine(Christ Church Parish)
  • Pool
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Southern Surf Beach Apartments(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Blue Horizon(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Blue Orchids Beach Hotel(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
All reviewsaccra beachtwo bedroom apartmentweek staylocation is greatair conditionerhome from homewithin walking distancebeautiful beachmicrowavejackiecookeramenitiesbeachesbarbadosbbdlaundryisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the Adulo Apartments In June 2014, and it was one of the highlights of our trip!

- The room was clean upon our arrival and came with a kitchen equip with utensils, plates, fridge, stove - all the essentials for a week in Barbados.
- It's located a five minute walk from Accra Beach, which is absolutely beautiful!
- Situated close to convenient and grocery stores, as well as a number of bars and restaurants.
- The staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. We enjoyed running into Ms. Brown and Ms. Lucy each day. They went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one.
- Felt safe and secure the entire time. The apartments are located off a small road, but there are surveillance cameras on the property, secure locks, etc.
- They have a beautiful mango and breadfruit tree!
- Best of all.... it was only a fifteen minute drive from the airport!!!!! The cost of the cab was 20 US dollars (34 Bbd dollars)

We knew we weren't going to be staying at a five star resort, but it ended up being a five star experience. We plan on returning to Adulo Apartments for our next stay in Barbados.

Room Tip: We stayed in the air conditioned stand-alone apartment. The rooms in the building are slightly smaller, but still great for the value and size (we stayed in one for a night). But the stand-alone apartments felt like a little detatched/or semi-detached house! A little more spacious and private.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CackleNWheeze
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I am a regular here and I always find members of Adulo staff including Mrs.Brown and Lucy are so caring and chatty. I feel like coming back to a little English home with surrounded by tropical trees and roses makes me so relaxed and deserved to stay here.

The apartment which is located at Rockley Hills, very near to the Accra Beach which is about 5 mins walk. From the airport, all Taxi drivers know Adulo so no need to direct him/her for the 20mins ride.

Once you arrived, the Mrs.Brown's office is opposite of main apartments' building. You need to ring the door bell so she will open the door to her office for checking in. A member of staff then will show you round about the inside of apartments. These apartments had recently been refurbished with new kitchen unit and cookers, microwave and fridge/freezer. There is no washing machine but Lucy will assist you for big washing if necessary. Bedrooms are rather dated but still all things function-able. A/C will be extra cost but generally having nice sea breeze throughout apartments if all windows open.

We stayed in a two-bedroom flat with lounge, en-suite (shower only) but no A/C. There is a terrace facing south so every morning you can see sunrise between palm trees. Every room have their ceiling fans. Security is well equipped all windows have metal bars as well as double locks at entrance door with an extra cage door, in order us to leave windows open for nice breeze to come throughout day and night.

Wifi is available but some of the rooms are far from its router therefore you might need to be at the public lounge for receiving stronger signals.

Usually opon reservation, Adulo will take first three nights for deposit and the rest can be paid either by major credit cards, debit cards or USD/BGD dollars cash.

Location of Adulo is excellent, as I mentioned earlier only 5mins walk to the busy Accra beach at Rockley. There is a useful convenience store along Coastal road by the beach which opens until 10pm every day. Several restaurants and bars are also in Rockley including Cheffete the Bajan Fastfood chain (plus Buffet on this branch), Chinese, Indian and Bajan etc. Scotia Bank is on our way to beach for cash withdrawal by ATM. Further a field there is a big supermarket called Big B's which is 20mins walk but ideally nice if you have a car to go round.

St.Laurence Gap, Oistins and Bridgetown are all connected by local buses up and down through the coastal road with very, very high frequency. Luckily we had a car to venture out and about, our favorite beach was Browne's Beach between Hilton and Bridgetown, 10mins drive (and accessible by buses)!

Overall, this apartment is high rank in excellent hospitality, recent refurbished interiors and being very clean indeed. Mrs.Brown is so heart warming and charming lady so as Lucy and Jackie! They are so welcoming that is why I am always going back and enjoy my holiday in Barbados!

Room Tip: Generally all rooms are very comfortable. Flat 3 and 4 are located upstairs away from the road so being quieter than the others.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank KengoDoraemon
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Let me start off by saying I am a minimalist, but clean is a MUST for me and this place is superb!! about 10 to 15mins walk to beach it is perfect. Ms. Brown and Ms. Lucy are a delight. Best deal for the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Myself & my boyfriend stayed here over night. The apartments are well kept and in a great location and with the beautiful beach only 5 minutes away was a very positive. The apartment was about 15 minutes away from the airport and only cost about $43BB. The apartment was lovely we felt like we was home from home and it was very affordable too. Thank-you Mrs Brown for making us comfortable, I didn't feel like we were typical guests, we felt more like we were family. Even when my partners friend came to visit us Mrs. Brown phoned our room to let us know. Although alpha rooms messed up our booking Mrs. Brown however fixed this and made us very comfortable. I would definitely return here and recommend people to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Jonelle F
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I just completed my second stay at Adulo, and both times I have been very pleased. I've tried a number of other budget rentals, but this is my new favourite. The rooms are nothing fancy, but they have everything I need, including a nice balcony to sit out on and read during down time, and a reasonable kitchen (full sized fridge, stove, oven). All of the staff were very friendly and sweet. My only complaint this time was that my neighbour had a very loud, booming voice, and I'd often hear that loud voice at early hours of the morning. If you are a light sleeper I'd recommend the Air conditioning, so you can close the windows (I had them open, hence hearing Everything). Not that it's a loud spot (it really is quite peaceful most of the time), but with loud-talking neighbours, roosters, and dogs, I did tend to wake up pretty early most days. lol.
I love the location though. The walk to the main road is really not harrowing at all, as I've read in other reviews. Drivers in Barbados are used to pedestrians walking on the side of roads such as this, you'll be fine. Beach and Boardwalk are super close...great coffee at Terasu Café and Italia at Quayside, and lots of food choices nearby, be it fast food (Chefette, KFC, Subway, Jus Grillin), sit down restaurants (Bistro Monet-a personal fave!), pubs/bars (Bubba's, Bert's, South 7, Tiki Bar, even Mojo's isn't too far to walk). I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo