Our 2nd stop on a Caribbean island-hopping tour of Grenada, Barbados and St Lucia, this was the only non all-inclusive resort we stayed at. We wanted to experience the local atmosphere and cuisine rather than be tied to eating at the hotel and, in Barbados, this was absolutely the right choice.
The resort is well maintained, with a lovely beach, great sea views and good facilities. Our room was large and very clean, with a good sized bathroom, kitchenette (including large fridge-freezer, microwave, hot plate and cooking and dining utensils), double bed and sitting area. The was a good sized flat screen TV, iPod docking station, as well as a private terrace overlooking the pool area, with our very own splash pool.
The resort facilities were good, with a spacious pool area leading to the beach and a swim-up bar. It offers guest laundry facilities, as well as extras, such as DVD hire, all very reasonably priced.
We only ate at the hotel once, so it's difficult to provide a review of the restaurant facilities, but the beach BBQ we attended was quite nice, with a buffet selection, as well as grilled chicken, fish and steak as requested. We felt that it was fairly expensive considering the overall quality and would definitely recommend exploring some of the local restaurants and cafes, particularly those that seemed to be frequented by local workers towards the edge of St Lawrence Gap, which were within walking distance and offered tasty local food at very low prices. We throughly enjoyed eating chicken, rice and beans with a cold beer on wooden benches outside the local cafes in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with both locals and other tourists.
The hotel was very well located, within a 25 minute walk of the centre of the Gap, 10 minutes along the beach and then another 10 - 15 minutes to get to the centre of the action. It was safe to walk along at night and there were some great bars with live jazz and other music along the way, so we tended to make the walk part of our evening out, stopping along the way for a drink or two.
It's also definitely worth hiring a car and getting out to see as much of the island as possible. The roads aren't great, but no-one seems to be in much of a hurry, and the island is small enough to get around in a day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Destinology, Ebookers, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish