We were not impressed on our first night at this hotel. We arrived 3.45pm and our room was not ready until 4.15pm. Extraordinarily late I feel. Seems to me that over the years access to hotel rooms has got later and later but this seems ridiculous.
There was a BBQ the night we arrived so we thought we'd stay for it. Unfortunately we found the food very poor and the atmosphere in the 'Lanterns by the sea' noisy and down market. Not a good start and infact I wondered whether I could stand it for a full week. However things improved greatly after a night's sleep and we ended up having a wonderful holiday though that wasn't entirely due to the hotel.
Let me explain . I liked the following aspects...
*the well equipped rooms.We had a deluxe suite which had a well equipped kitchen living area, separate bedroom and large
balcony and plenty of storage space.
* the beach was lovely and there were more than enough sunbeds for everyone anytime of day. You could ask for sun umbrellas if you failed to get the shaded positions, at no extra cost.
* the pools were not too crowded except about 4 o'clock in the afternoon.
*the stroll every morning into the St Lawrence gap area along the beach was just the right length - not too taxing ,but we always got a taxi at night.
*the fact that we could make our own breakfast and lunch if we were so inclined. We enjoyed a few take- aways with wine on the balcony lunch time because we ate out every evening in the Gap.
We were a little put out by the list of rules in the room information book. Maybe they 've had bad experiences but I really don't need to be told not to do the things they listed.
I thought the food in the hotel was of a poor standard. Hardly anyone ate in and the re was not atmosphere at night that would tempt you to stay. Don't have a meal plan at this hotel.There are fanastic eating places in the Gap. We tried
Josef's --first class food but little atmosphere and a disappointing setting. Expensive. Probably wouldn't go again.
Pisces--excellent food and atmosphere; lovely setting. Worth the money. Definitely worth another visit
Bellini's -excellent food, setting and atmosphere. Well worth a visit
39 Steps Lovely meal but a bit far from base to go to often
Cafe luna- one of the best meals I've ever had..... but pricey. Still I would return to this restaurant many times.
At the end of our stay we had to agree that we had had an amazing holiday, eating food cooked to the highest standard.....but not in the hotel.
We would however still return to the Bougainvillea using it as a base as the accommodation itself was spacious and well equipped
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Destinology, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Holiday Gems and West Indies so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish