We had a great stay at this resort in Barbados. We were staying for 8 days so we opted for a one bdrm with kitchenette and it was well worth it. Unless you go all inclusive you're going to dish out a fair amount for meals throughout the day. We decided to book the room with a kitchenette so we could handle breakfast and lunch and plan for big dinners out and about Barbados. It worked out well and gave us flexibility to go big for dinner which is nice if you’re on somewhat of a budget. If you’re the adventurous type and want to get out and about to really see the island and take in the culture I highly recommend renting a mini-moke. They are like golf carts with roll bars and 3 cylinder engines and the only fun way to get around Barbados.
The Bajan culture is truly welcoming and that goes for the resort staff. They want folks to have fun and relax and that’s exactly what we did. The resort itself is beautiful and the beach is very clean and quiet. It’s definitely not one of those places where you’re bombarded by a dozen people trying to sell you watersports or handmade jewelry. Granted there are some so don’t be surprised if you run into a few but it’s usually the same peddlers each day and when you say no once they remember you the next day.
If you do get to Barbados I highly recommend seeing the Bajan Rhythm and Roots show. It’s a blast and truly a show for all ages. The Mount Gay rum tour is great too! If Calvin is still tending bar there make sure tell him you’re REALLY interested in tasting all the available flavors of Mount Gay rum drinks. You may wake up with a headache the next day but well worth the pain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, West Indies, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish