We travelled to Barbados and stayed at the Bougainvillea May 8 to 15, 2013. A great week in the sun relaxing at a fine well run smaller hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed our trip and stay,
We had a junior suite, which was quite adequate for our needs, 1 queen size bed and a couch for relaxing along with a small kitchenette. The room could handle a king size bed and is an option we would have enjoyed had it been available in this room option.
We made simple breakfasts in our room each morning, saving the hassle of rushing to a restaurant for more breakfast than one really needs and did the same for lunchs , the kitchenette was quite well equipped to make this quite easy. we then enjoyed meals out at the Landings and Waters Edge restaurants associated with the hotel, both quite good.
Our room was well cleaned and in good repair with a bathroom that was good sized and all in working order.
I don't think there is a room that does not have a decent ocean view with the exception of the ground floor rooms which have the advantage of easy access tot he ocean front or pool area.
Front desk staff all seemed quite pleasant and friendly when providing service, as was most of the staff we interacted with,.
The beach area was well maintained by the staff as well, with the lounges being very comfortable for a day on the beach. The beach staff would bring one an umbrella if reqested for shade and there seemed to be an adequate supply for the time we were there. Swimming was a little rough during our stay as the waves were really crashing in, apparently calmed down quite a bit after we left, so one can get periods where the ocean is quite rough and not easy to get in but that is not uncommon. Beach was quite walkable and we enjoyed having long walks on the beach. One could walk to the St Lawrence Gap area via the beach by heading to one right when facing the beach from the hotel, up the beach to the Dover Beach Hotel and going through the alleyway to the street, do right up to the main road then left and walk on down the main street there and one will come to the Gap, about a 20 minute walk at a leisurely pace.
You pass the Dover deli and market on this walk as well. Good for groceries etc.
There is also a small variety store at the end of the hotel property when you turn to the right when leaving the hotel lobby, about a 5 minute walk, one can get basics, or you can walk further about 20 minutes to the Oistins supercentre market for grocery needs, taxi back to the hotel $10 barbadian dollars.
The hotel offers a shuttle service to the Friday night Oistins Fish fry, a great night out and a good way to take in the Friday night happenings at Oistins. $10 barbadian each for return trip, piock up was at 6:30 and return was around 9:30 whcih gave lots of time to have a great fish dinner and experience the area.
Overall just great stay and an enjoyable experience at the Bougainvillea
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), West Indies, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish