“A little Piece of Peace” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Coram, New York
“A little Piece of Peace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Just what We wanted in a weekend Get Away. Simple, clean, comfortable Deluxe Stuio Ground floor with patio. Ten steps to the pool, Twenty steps to the Lanterns restaurant, Maybe 50 steps to the Beach. More than enough Beach chairs at all times. Just enough entertainment if you didn,t want to leave the hotel. Location was good: close to The Gap, Oistins, Airport and other attractions.I picked the Bougainvillea from internet reviews and was pleasantly surprised. The best thing was the Staff: Welcoming, accommodating, Thoughtful, fun.They would do anything to make you happy. The day we got there i really enjoyed the christophene soup.I told the waitress, Onika how much I enjoyed it and I may want to make it for a Thanksgiving appetizer. She immediately brought the Chef out and he had no problem explainig his simple recipe. Let me not forget Ann who made our early morning coffee Perfect.They really work hard to make you want to return to the Bougainvillea. We met alot of nice people from all over the world. Drinks wer nice.Just enough alcohol to give you a buzz and make you want more.
Drawbacks.: Ocean was roug. Red flags and yellow flags were up more often than we would have liked. Breakfast buffet little dry and expensive. Could have had more variety and mor local type food. We wanted local food nobody explained that the Saturday Sweet Mouth was the .taste of Bajan food, We missed it. Thanks to the front desk staff for helping me get prescription medication at the local pharmacy when I couldn't find mine, I will go back

Room Tip: Poolside was great.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank merceemee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Northumberland, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just returned from my first visit to Barbados and I wish I was still there. The people are the friendliest I've ever met. Everyone does whatever they can to make sure that you return to the island. This is especially true of the Bougainvillea Beach Report. From the moment we arrived and were greeted with a cold towel to help with the heat, to our final goodbyes, all the staff went out of their way to be nice. This included maintenance and security staff even when they say us at the bar (4 beers for $10bdn) across the road from the hotel. The room we had was on the ground floor right next to the beach and was surprising large. It included a sitting area and quite a large kitchen. We only used the fridge and the kettle but we did notice that regular guests cooked meals in theirs. We ate quite a few of our meals at the restaurant on the beach and the food was quite good but the biggest benefit was the view.
Now for the best part. the beach. it is amazing. As it is due south, it gets the sun all day. One day we were up early and say sunrise over the beach and then later on, sunset. Wonderful. The highlight of our holiday was rescuing newly born turtles on the beach and making sure they made it to the water. having a baby turtle in my hand will something I'll remember for the rest of my life.
Although there is not much immediately around the hotel, we walked to Oistins (about 15 minutes) and also St Laurence Gap (also about 15 minutes if you walk along the beach and cut through between the hotels). As we went in the off season (supposedly the rainy season but we only say about 15 minutes in the week we were there) both Oistins and the gap were quite.
All in all a wonderful place and well deserving of the excellent rating.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ground floor right close to the beach. Being able to simply lock the door and walk 10...
4 Thank Richiewoodhouse
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

That something is Great Job Bougainvillea! My wife and I can't say enough about the fantastic staff at Bougainvillea. This is a very nice hotel in a great location. It was all we expected it to be. Actually it was even better due to the Bougainvillea Staff. I thought that September might be a little "iffy" weather-wise but our week was outstanding. I could ramble on about this and that but take my word on this one - Book It! - you won't be disappointed! Can't wait to return!

2 Thank Mike H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I must say I was a little nervous about coming back to the same hotel I stayed in when I first visited 2 years ago but when I arrived I was shocked to see that many of the staff remembered me and my boyfriend by my name. Onika was memorable as we did find ourselves conversing a lot, she made me feel at home. I recognized many people's faces, even the souvenir sellers that would come in on certain days remembered me and wanted to do my hair next time. We somehow managed to get a honeymoon suite with a private deck and balcony so there was a lot of place for lounging and enjoying the sites. It was very spacious and the bed was really comfortable, best sleep in a long time. If you wanted to you could leave your door open during the day to enjoy a breeze. You also get a complimentary wine or was it champagne? There is also a kitchenette so you can take your food with you back to your room and finish it later. I was lucky to come after all the said renovations were complete so I didn't have any serious noise issues besides occasionally hearing your neighbor's TV. The food was amazing, one thing you MUST try is the smoked/blackened flying fish. I had that as much as I could, almost every night I was there. Breakfast was different this time, maybe it's because we came earlier than last time, but it was buffet style and it had a nice variety of food. Only thing I recommend is during busy times (like July-August) book a reservation for dinner or you might be stuck waiting up to an hour for your food. There was music, entertainment, and something going on at least every night. There are many options for getting around, most of the time I had a driver or taxi. Since it was Crop-Over time us and a driver agreed to meet up at a certain time to make it to the route, unfortunately my preps ran an hour longer than expected and he waited for me. I felt terrible, I apologized. The beaches were nice like before, it looks like they made some changes since I've been there. More trees and different umbrellas which now have lights in them.The swim up bar was great, we had no issues with our drinks except they are pretty expensive but no more than you pay at home. I had no issue with the safe or air conditioning. Just make sure all your windows and doors are closed properly for the air conditioner to work or it will shut off automatically. Overall, I was impressed again and I would definitely stay here for a third time!

Room Tip: The honeymoon suites on the top floor has a private deck and deluxe rooms are more spacious.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at this resort for our vacation this year due to the number of positive reviews we read on this site and also because we wanted to stay somewhere quiet and within close and safe proximity to the main road and the infamous Gap.

After landing, we took one of the airport taxis and it didn't take us more than thirty minutes to reach this hotel.

Firstly, upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised that our room was well prepared and ready for us even though we had arrived much earlier than the check-in time.

Apart from that, additional positives of this resort are outlined as follows:
1) The resort is small and beautiful
2) The pools were always clean
3) The service was very good
4) The staff were friendly and always willing to assist
5) The rooms were always well kept
6) The food at the Lanterns restaurant was tasty
7) After checking out at 11:00AM, they allowed us the option of accessing the hotel's complimentary room, since we had a 9:00PM flight.
8) Getting to the Gap was a breeze. We just walked along the beach and back which is a much faster router.

One negative however is that this resort has no elevator.

All in all, my husband and I enjoyed our stay here, mostly because it allowed for many walks to and from areas such as the Southern Plaza and the Gap and also because it offered a quite, relaxing, and enjoyable vacation.

Room Tip: Beware of the stairs. For less walking, choose a room on the ground floor or one level above.
5 Thank tnjshy
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Good resort with nice public.. we had a small problem with our fridge and went to the reception... problem fixed in 5 minutes..my compliments. Great friendly staff. Outside the hotel (200 meters to the right) you can buy sandwiches, eggs, drinks and small stuff like icecreams... friendly woman. I understood she is renting the store and I was happy to buy some products ... about 15 / 20 minutes walk to Oistins for a big supermarket.. taxi back to the hotel is 20 dollar (local BB-dollars)... Oistin fish market is a must. Snapper is delicious..

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Astenhutte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed from 11/09/13, what a truly idillic beach hotel ! From the day you arrive , till day you leave you are made to feel welcome !! 14 days of sheer relaxing on the beautiful beach , dinning in Lanterns restaurant , managers party, evening entertainment, outdoor movies, so much more ! It was my birthday whilst there & they really made it special for me .. Thank you to all staff , from garden services , housekeeping, the bars,restaurant , reception & water sports what a family feel hotel . Accommodation ( one bed deluxe suite) was fantastic balcony views to enticing blue turquoise seas ... I have to mention Sharon the general manager , Sharon went out of her way to make this birthday holiday just perfect !! We had a slight hitch which she sorted quickly & efficiently , to which we are both very grateful ! . Food is good , pool bar good , yes other comments have said expensive , we didn't find it any more expensive than food & drink at home ! Plenty of sun beds & a very nice water sports men will get you a sun parasol !! A lovely walk up the beach to st Lawrence gap , hire a car & trips out from activities desk who are very helpful , a perfect holiday hotel .. Would I recommend hotel ?? Most deffinately ! Just wish I could give a higher star rating !! Any bad points ??? Can't think of any ! Two very happy people can't wait to return ..(see pics )

• Stayed September 2013
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,349 reviews

Been to Bougainvillea Beach Resort? Share your experiences!