I stayed here for ten days with my husband and ten year old twin boys. I chose it after many months of poring over Trip Advisor reviews, with the goal of picking a hotel that would be a perfect fit for my family. Happily, Bougainvillea lived up to my expectations.
The staff here is very friendly and helpful. When we checked in we were upgraded to a deluxe suite from a regular one bedroom suite, which has never happened to me before, so I was thrilled! The suite was large (lots of storage space -- what a change from Disney last year!), pretty, and had a nice view of the main pool area and the ocean. The balcony had a large two tier drying rack for the towels and bathing suits which was a great, always in use touch.
I absolutely loved the beach and pool areas. One of the things that I avoid like the plague are resorts that have limited loungers and umbrellas at the beach and pool. I DO NOT want to line up to reserve a palapa for the next day, or get up early to put my belongings on lounge chairs to reserve them, etc. when I'm on vacation. This place actually has signs saying that you can't reserve chairs like that! Whenever you arrive at the beach, you can grab your lounge chairs, drag them over to wherever you want them, and then the nice guy at the watersports desk will come over and set up large umbrellas for you (one umbrella for every two lounge chairs, which was fine -- the umbrellas are huge). Perfect -- we can relax in the mornings and take our time getting to the beach, because we know that they'll have plenty of spots for us.
We had a rental car to explore the island, so ate most of our dinners out. We had breakfast at Lanterns and lunch at the pool bar frequently, though. The food was good, reasonably priced and with very friendly service. They are a bit on "island time," but that's what you're here for, to slow down a bit.
The ocean was perfect for my boys when there were no flags -- waves to play in, but not overpowering at all. We did have four red flag days (no swimming in the ocean -- just dip your feet in the edge) and one yellow flag day (don't go out too far). So, definitely take advantage of the ocean when there's no flags. That includes jet ski rentals; my husband and boys had a great time on the jet ski. Thankfully they took advantage early, because later on in the week the flags were up and so jet ski rentals were off limits to anyone who didn't have a lot of experience, or were taking kids, etc.
Overall, we had a wonderful time in Barbados. Beautiful, friendly island with lots to do and good restaurants a five minute drive away from Bougainvillea in the St. Lawrence Gap. Bougainvillea had everything I was looking for in a family resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish