I have visited this hotel 4 times now and would come back every year if I could afford to! It's a 15-20 minute drive from the airport, located in the South of the island right on the Atlantic coast. The sea may be choppy and a bit rough at times but the beaches are stunning and the calmer West coast is again, only around 20 minutes away by car. St Lawrence Gap is walking distance and is where the main strip of restaurants are. Bridgetown is a 15-20 minute drive also.
This hotel is stunning - it's perfectly placed with its own private beach and the lobby is horseshoe shaped around the pools and waterfalls in the gardens. You walk up the steps and look down onto the most beautiful beach imaginable. The rooms are clean, well appointed and spacious - the only thing I would say is that perhaps the bathrooms could do with a little updating but when you're in paradise how much time do you need to spend in there?! The staff cannot do enough to help you, going out of their way to make you feel welcome - from the 'green team' maintaining the gardens to the watersports staff arranging trips or rides for you - and although the service in the restaurants can sometimes be a little slow - you're on Barbados time and there's no rush for anything. When we were leaving for the aiport we asked if our food could be prepared a little more quickly and that was no problem, just as nothing is at this hotel. We'll definitely be back when we've saved up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, West Indies, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish