We spent two weeks at Bougainvillea earlier this month, lovely hotel with very friendly staff who were great with our 18 month old. We were upgraded from a junior suite to a 1 bedroom suite on arrival which was ideal, lots of space for the little one to run around and the kitchen gave us lots of freedom for meals. The hotel isn't big and glitzy, it has a relaxed Caribbean feel to it which is very welcoming. We were on the ground floor which was good considering we had a small child and a buggy. Note, there are no lifts. The children's playroom was useful as it gave us somewhere the small one could play out of the sun, a few more toys might be handy though. Proper cots and high chairs are provided which makes life much more comfortable for small children.
We ate in the restaurant quite often but the menu is limited and let's the hotel down, this needs improvement. The BBQ nights were good though.
The hotel isn't the most convenient if you want to get a few groceries, the shop 2mins along the road was closed (looked like it was being demolished) and the next one is a 10 min walk along the beach and through the back of the next hotel. Supermarket in Worthing is about $45BDS return and the driver will wait for you.
If you are happy with a few long'ish walks or getting taxis everywhere it's fine, we hired a car for a few days which gave us much more freedom. Oistins is a short taxi ride and a must for the fish fry, lobster!! :-)
The beach is great, white sand, plenty of sun loungers and not busy. Very relaxing just wandering along the beach! One point to note, the beaches on the south coast can be quite rough, generally too rough for young children. Further west is much much calmer. Swimming pools were good if a little small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, West Indies, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish