We've just come back from a fabulous holiday in Barbados. We've been to Barbados before and stayed at lots of different hotels, but since finding the Bougainvillea, we keep coming back!
I like it for so many reasons:
1. It's beautiful and elegant but also unpretentious, ultra-friendly and very Bajan. The staff - no matter what their role - from manager to security - are friendly, personable and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is special.
2. It's very at ease with the island. The food is locally sourced and you don't feel like you are sealed in a western bubble. Bajans can chat to guests on the beach without being hassled by overzealous staff moving people on, unless they are clearly unwanted. If people try to sell you something you don't want, just politely decline - but it's always worth having a chat. We were talking to a really interesting man selling bird feeders made from coconuts. It turned out his son had just competed in the Commonwealth Games in boxing.
3. Guests come here from all over the world as well as other Caribbean Islands. We met a pensioner from Tobago, a family from Grenada and some Bajans living in the US who had returned for Cropover. All were eulogising about how perfect Bougainvillea was.
4. It's great for kids with three different pools to choose from. The sea is also great when they become stronger at swimming with exciting waves to body-board on. You can borrow boards, canoes, buckets and spades, rackets and balls for the beach as well as noodles, air beds and balls for the pools.
5. The food is lovely. Breakfasts at Lanterns restaurant by the beach is a great way to start the day.
6. The hotel is in a nice quiet location away from the airport. It's not far from Oistins (fab Fish Fry on Friday night) and St Lawrence Gap (bars, restaurants) but you will need to take a short taxi ride, hire a car or try the bus to get there. We always hire a car to see the island - there's so much to see and do and using private taxis several times a day can be a bit pricey.
... and finally, Bougainvillea is all about the people. From the ever smiling Marvie in the restaurant to cheeky-chapppie Jose Manuel in the pool bar, the Bougainvillea bunch are wonderful with everyone. It doesn't matter who you are or where you are from - on an all inclusive deal or a local day guest, a pensioner or a kid, a honeymooning couple or a grumpy tourist with sunburn - they try their best to make you relax. What's not to like?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Priceline, West Indies, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish