There are so many good reviews already written about this hotel and all well deserved. Here are a few highlights worth another mention.
Ted's Tours - Take this trip early on in your break. It gives a great overview of the island of where and what to do. All you have to do is put up with Ted's corny jokes all day! But they just made the day all the more enjoyable for us. The lunch that is included in this trip is also excellent.
Cool Runnings - Excellent tip. We took the 5hr morning one and the time flew by, so this may be a better option the the shorter sunset trip.
Bert's Bar in Worthing - This is about three quarters of an hour to walk from Bougainvillea. We returned one evening, using one of the No. 11 suicide waggons that will take you between Bridgetown and Oistens for BD1.50 per person per trip. Well worth the adrenalin trip!!! The pizza at Bert's is excellent. Watch out for the rum punch though, it's way stronger they any other we sampled on the island.
The supermarket in Oistens offers a shuttle bus back to the hotel, but I'm not sure if they have a minimum spend before you qualify for this. It's about a 10-15 minute walk, but feels a little further with shopping bags!
The Check-in Chill-out option the Virgin offer is excellent. Our cases were collected at 9:30am where we were given our boarding passes. We then we spent the rest of the morning around the pool/beach. Then made use of the hotel guest lounge(showers, shampoo, shower gel and clean towels all provided). We were collect at 2:30pm and taken to the airport 20mins away. We were then able to walk straight through to the airport shops and then on to the plane for the 4:45pm flight. No hassle!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea Barbados is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, this 100-room resort is well known for its personal touch and service. Featuring Mediterranean style architecture within a tranquil setting of lush gardens and bougainvillea flowers, this resort is just footsteps from the sand and mere minutes from south coast hot spots. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, West Indies, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish