“Paradise at your Doorstep!”

Chateau Blanc Apartments on Sea
Ontario
“Paradise at your Doorstep!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Chateau Blanc Apartments on Sea has friendly,hospitable staff, and is located on one the best beaches on the island. We've stayed at different places every time we go to Barbados, and this is definitely a place to come back to! Our idea of a holiday is plenty of relaxation and good times. With paradise at your doorstep and plenty of beach bars and restaurants in the area, Chateau Blanc is a choice location. Everyone is friendly, locals and vacationers alike. The room gets cleaned every other day, along with fresh sheets and towels. It's not a 5 star hotel, it's an apartment with everything you need. The bed was king size (we had a 1 bedroom) and very comfortable. Large private balcony with a view that will take your breath away. We would highly recommend Chateau Blanc Apartments on Sea!!

Room Tip: We loved the upper level with our private balcony and view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jordana_9

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We recently got back from a trip to Barbados. We booked Chateau Blanc for 2 nights as we had another place for the rest of the trip. Thank goodness! We rented Annex 2. It was quite old, not very clean and the decor was just awful. A broad-shoulder person would not be able to stand in front of the sink and bathroom mirror as it was that narrow. The patio was shared with Annex 1, which was unfortunate. We didn't feel like we had much privacy at all in this place. As well, I found the employees weren't very willing to chat or give advice. When we left, I had to fill out a survey, in front of the receptionist, which I also didn't like. It would have been better if it was anonymous.

On Friday night, the Caribe Beach Bar directly behind us was rocking until 12 or so. It was as if our bed was in the middle of the bar. I hear Saturday nights are even worse.

The Chateau Blanc is pretty much on the beach and it is close to most amenties, but I wouldn't go back here again. Much better can be had for a little more money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank coffeelover1001
Verona, Italy
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I had booked one apartment in December 2011 for a holiday in February 2012 I sent many mails to confirm the apartment that I had chosen to be sure for have what I wanted since it was my honeymoon. I paid for the entire vacation in December of 2011, let me say this, I don't paid only a deposit but I paid the whole holiday. I sent an email the day before starting to remind them of my arrival to make sure that everything was ok. February 13 I went to the apartment and found a "nice surprise" ... my apartment was not available and they pretended to give me an apartment with the horrible sight of a bar, I want to clarify that my garage is more comfortable. They are very dishonest because they knew of my arrival and I was not notified that my apartment was gone. the apartments are in a good position but the description does not say that you have 2 sides there are two very noisy bars and almost all the apartments have windows on the bar, if you can stretch your hand to take food from the dishes in the bar. I want to tell everyone to be careful because if you book in this place you risk booking but on arrival you will not find the spare room. I have traveled all over the world but it had never happened to be in a situation so bad luckily I found a solution but for them fault I could have many problems and they could ruin my honeymoon. I would advise all, don't book the apartment here beacuse you risk sleeping on the beach!!!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DANY73VR
Midland, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We arrived on Jan. 25 and stayed for 10 days...Not long enough as we realize now.Your vacation is how you make it..we were travelling with our son ,his fiancee,and another couple.We had #7 upstairs and they had #3 downstairs.The rooms were modest as carribean style goes ,very comfortable and clean.we have no complaints..We went to relax and have a nice holiday.We did make an unexpected trip to the hospital,but everything is all well.The staff were very accomidating and cheerful,especially Pricilla and Jennifer. we are planning to go back next Jan. for 2 weeks this time with our daughter and boyfriend...people have to remember that they are on holidays..Just Relax......Make it a special time,take lots of pictures,try an Island tour and walk around..the island is very safe,compared to other places..So enjoy your stay and have fun...See you next year..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We holiday in Barbados every January but this year decided to have a break from the over priced "All inclusive" & try self catering which proved to be overall more relaxing & better value.
There are so many good restaurants to sample on this island along with plenty of entertainment when you have a good look around & some of the eateries cooking local cuisine are very reasonable
Anyway we picked this apartment having found it on days out in previous years,the location is perfect being perched right on the beach at Crystal Waters which overlooks a picturesque lagoon where the turtles cruise up & down on a calm waters day.
We had a first floor room overlooking the Carib bar & the beach, which was comfortable & a fair size ,& as prices go in Barbados this was reasonable value for money,they do have a few sea facing rooms which are the best if you can afford a little bit more!.
The rooms are a little dated & could do with a general spruce up but the beds are comfotable & the bathrooms are clean & linens & towels are changed every other day.Hot water can dissapear at times but sometimes a cool shower is very welcome; but all in all this is Barbados & things are laid back & easy & problems are sorted out in the end!.
The staff are helpful & all good humoured & I did read some reviews that put the establishment in a poor light but I don't feel this a true reflection & certainly as far as security is concerned I dont believe there are any concerns here,you have a security code to enter the building after staff have gone home plus you have the personal telephone number of management in your room should you need them at any time. Being out at night is not intimidating in any way & Barbados is one of the islands still free of major crime ,certainly in the holiday areas so you feel at ease going about day or night,
For thoses readers who ask is the BBQ still going at Crystal Waters on a Sunday,yes it is & on a Friday night as well, both days with excellent entertainment not to mention the Carib bar the other side of Chateau Blanc which has been refurbished serving excellent meals along with good entertainment a few nights a week.
We have already booked for next year,thanks Priscilla & team for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Ocean view first floor are best but large side ocean view are still good value
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank martin g
Calgary, AB CANADA
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My first impression was OMGosh, we need to leave. Arrived late at night to find a dingy studio room (Apt 4) with cobwebs on the ceiling and a shower/toilet stall that no one over the weight of 200lbs would ever fit in. No shower curtain or door resulted in water every where every time we showered. It was bothersome to sleep within 1ft of the gas stove, with dirty walls that were not once cleaned unless it was me with my Lysol wipes. (Thank goodness I brought some because there were no cleaning supplies anywhere, not even a dishcloth to wash dishes.) The dish towels were old and stained. The fridge was new and large, and plenty of cupboard space, but limited dishes and utensils. 2 of everything, which meant we had to wash cutlery even to prepare/eat a meal. Absolutely no room for suitcases. Only one chair on the balcony, which was about 3 ft deep and we had to put our feet up on the railing to sit all week. Faced a big tree and birds nest, and had another big tree blocking our view of the ocean which was only 30 ft away...?..made no sense. The old man that rents the beach chairs showered below our balcony every afternoon beside the bar, gross. Bed was old and so hard we both had bad backs and sore hips 3 nights into our stay.
The slamming of the doors in this place is unreal, I felt like I was in a college dorm again. You knew every time someone came home at night, left, changed their clothes, or woke up. Do not expect a good rest at this place, it sounds like a shotgun. Not enough beach chairs or loungers for the amount of guests, not even close, I think they have 5 chairs. The patio is locked off at sunset, so you are trapped in your room or own balcony. The internet did not work for the first 6 days we were there, I felt bad for the woman that counted on it for her work and was really really upset. The front staff always seemed to have friends in the office, and were bothered if we asked anything. Never enough towels for the room, 2 towels and face cloths for me and my husband to share, even when I tipped and left a note. Room "cleaned" every two days, except the day they were "too busy" they told me, and we came home to no clean towels at all in our room, and no staff working after 6pm to get us any. I also enjoyed the bugs crawling around the open lid garbage can that I assumed would be changed that morning when I put my banana peel in it and shut the bag....At least leave extra garbage bags so your guests can do it themselves after cooking!
Sporadic hot water for showers in the morning and a few times no hot water at night. Could never count on it, which was beyond frustrating. The sheets were new, that was nice. One pillow only each. TV reception better than other islands, but TV would continually go back to the menu and not a lot of channels. **Nothing ever stolen, and no concerns of it either which was nice compared to other islands.

We decided to stay for a few days to see if the location that everyone raves about would be worth it, and it wasn't. There are many MANY other places to stay within the same stretch with the same access to the beach, stores, and Gap. The person that wrote the beach is the best they have ever seen obviously has not travelled very much! The sand and the water temp were very nice, but anyone hoping for a long stretch of white sand will be upset. I kissed my morning runs goodbye the first morning when I saw couple after couple walk for 3 minutes, then stop and have to turn around and come back. Repeatedly. I also witnessed locals from the bar next door urinating on the beach beside the trees we all we pulling our chairs under for shade every day...Disgusting, and if it didn't rain, you could smell it all day. Remember to never go barefoot on the beach in front of the hotel!! Snorkling was not as good as other islands off this beach, and the undercurrent got quite strong somedays. The turtles were nice for a giggle though, and people's kids LOVED them....
The Gap was close for walking to, and there were a lot of restaurants to choose from. The bars on each side of the Chateau Blanc are fairly busy, but I was glad we didn't have kids as they are quite loud (but shut down by midnight latest). Lots of retirees at the two bars, listening to older music and getting drunk with locals. It was awkward.
Our best days were when we took our rental car and left the building / beach to go somewhere else. Another guest /?owner's son?? that was also staying there showed us a few of the other sized apartments which were substantially larger, but many of the issues would still be the same. Let it be noted that my husband and I have travelled to many Caribbean Islands, and stayed at many resorts/hotels, and are not that picky for late 20 year olds. This place was just not up to standard. For the extra $50 a night, we could have stayed at a nicer condo 4 min down the beach and still been in the same area. The only reason we did not leave the hotel was the we'll-give-it-a-chance attitude...and by the time were completely fed up, they wouldn't let us out of our pre-paid payment for the week.

We will not be returning to this establishment, and for anyone who can spend a few extra bucks to get a nicer place, we highly encourage it.

Room Tip: Don't take the "small" apartment unless you are a bachelor intending on being drunk th...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RideTheWake
London
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Myself and two other buddies went for a getaway here. My one buddy heard about this "mom/pop" place the previous time he was in Barbados. We got the two bedroom apartment upstairs which had two large balcony areas with an amazing view of the beach. This hotel is not overly lavish but the staff are extremely friendly, the location is amazing and the beach is without question the best beach I have ever seen. Our unit came with a full sized fridge, small stove, small sink area and a variety of dishes/cookware. Not sure what comes with each of the other units but there are a variety of other sized rooms at this location.

There are two small beach bars on either side of the hotel, the Carib has amazing food (I recommend the "flying fish on a baguette"!!) everything reasonably priced and both locations have "happy hour" so be sure to take advantage of that too. (2 for 1 drinks) Don't worry they generally are quiet during the evening.

You are 15 mins walking distance from the large grocery store "Big B" and you are just off the main drag where you can catch taxi's, buses or the "ZR's" to travel up and down the island coast to other locations or attractions. I recommend the "ZR's".

Room Tip: Be sure to speak with staff to make sure you get the best room for you depending on how you are trav...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends