“Great place to relax”

Monteray Apartment Hotel
Canada
“Great place to relax”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Monteray is a great place to relax and unwind. The staff are excellent. Shontonia at the reception desk was so helpful and always had a smile on her face and was so helpful. In fact, all at the front desk were a pleasure to deal with. Housekeepers were all friendly, and efficient. But Hetty was a joy and my friend and I loved her. She always had a smile, a story, and made our vacation special. And, of course, Hetty did a great job of keeping our room clean. The gardeners were friendly when I was on my way to and from the lovely and well kept pool. The general area was perfect. Lots of good food at Scottys across the street and at the kiosks at Dover Beach and Johnny Cool's for 2 for 1 daiquiris at sunset. No complaints whatsoever.

Room Tip: We had a 1 bedroom on the third floor and the breeze was wonderful, no matter what time of day, or h...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank loveBGI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Our apartment was quite basic, but clean, spacious and well equipped with full cooker, microwave, toaster etc. The maids cleaned daily and the towels were changed daily. There was always plenty of hot water. The pool although not large was adequate and cleaned every morning. The gardens are well kept. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. We were told that if there was anything we needed that was not already provided all we had to do was ask and it would be provided, even to the extent that they would go out and purchase it. WiFi was free. Yes, we had to pay for a safe but it was only $5 per week, which is the cheapest we have ever had. The restaurant was closed and looked as if it had been for some time. The hotel is in a good location, situated at the quiet end of St Lawrence Gap and just across the road from Dover Beach. There is a store just up the road, which is quite expensive, but convenient and a couple of bars across the road which are reasonably priced. The hotel is good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank franko666
Neu-Isenburg, Germany
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just an overnight stay, but everyone was very friendly and helpful. Clean, spacious, everything in the kitchen that you need for an overnight stay or for a longer self-catering holiday. Near to the beach, there is asupermarket just down the road (about 4 minutes away) and a good choice of restaurants and shops all quite near. The hotel has a spacious waiting/reception area with internet and wifi. The pool was clean as was the whole place actually.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank sibsong12
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The staff at Monteray were kind and welcoming. The first room I had was facing the street and it was quite noisy at night. One morning the receptionist asked how was my night I told her the noise was a bit much and she offered another room right away!!! The rooms were very clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. AC was quiet and worked well. Fully stocked kitchen in the studio. The pool was nice and warm and the gardens beautiful. Two mins from beautiful Dover beach and close to all the action in The Gap. There was a charge for Wi Fi but it didnt work well and they let me use their computer for free. I did not have to pay the Wi fi charge. I wish it was closer to the bus but the walk was good excercise. Loved the house keeping staff!! I cant wait for my next trip to beautiful Barbados and Monteray for the price and service they offer will be my hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Dawn F
montreal,qc
Reviewed 14 March 2013

A group of 6 women, we recently (Nov/Dec 2012) rented the 3 bedroom "Almond Tree House" at the Monteray Apartment Hotel on St.Lawrence Gap. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to Dover Beach and is actually just off the Gap. This means the house is nice and quiet in the evening but close enough to the action during the day.
We stayed for 10 days and had a ball.
The staff at the hotel were very helpful and always smiling.
The House had 3 bedrooms with 2 beds in each room, and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Also a fully equipt kitchen, dining room/living room and the best wrap-around veranda. We spent a lot of early morning and late night hours on the veranda talking and enjoying the weather.
The beds were changed daily, clean towels daily ( unlike other rentals of the same type elsewhere). The maid even washed our dishes!!! Everything was spotless all the time.
We felt safe and secure at all times.
What more could you ask for ?

Room Tip: Chose a room directly across from the restaurant 2nd floor and you should have a quiet night, the no...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank livedingdr
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Ok hotel. For the price, you get very little included. You must pay daily fee for wifi that doesn't really work in the rooms. Pay extra to have a safe in your room. A restaurant with no food. Ok location, but we wished it was closer to the bus route.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank traveladdict26
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Stayed here at this hotel the beginning of November for 8 days, it was my first time there and the reviews weren't bad either. The lady at the front desk whose name was Shantae was very nice and helpful she had everything prepared for my arrival and greeted me by name! ( I thought that was very cool - I think my accent gave me away!) It was very slow at the hotel at the time so it felt like I was the only one there, but I loved that! I had a room on the second floor and it was big and spacious with a balcony that overlooked the pool, which was very nice and clean to swim in. The bedroom area and bathroom were separate from the front part which allowed for some privacy! There was always hot water and the A/C was nice and cool!! (its only in the bedroom though). There is a TV, fridge, microwave, stove, coffeemaker and tons of dishes and cutlery so if you are going to be there a whiles its good to go to the store and get some groceries and cooked which I did a few nights! There is a small restaurant in the lobby area, the lone worker there was very nice and sociable; I had lunch there once, but the food was not all that good to me. There was daily maid service also.

The hotel is right in St. Lawrence Gap/Dover area with the beach across the street, a food store and lots of restaurants and night life. There is a 24 hour bar across the street called Scotty's that can play music late into the night that you can hear from your room. Its not far from town or the bus stop. I love the place!, good location, great service from the staff, comfortable amenities. I would definitely be staying here going forward whenever I am in Barbados.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo