All reviews medical services area surrounding the pool bistro set happy hour is accra rockley beach final statement taking great care plastic patio chairs specialty shops south bar great music playing friendly quick service small complex grilled potatoes end unit room check melted in my mouth
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is a very nice, clean, friendly place to stay. The rooms are fully equipted and kept clean daily. All the people there are great and VERY helpful. My family always stay there when we travel to barbados ( which is at least 2 times a year). I can not say enough good things about this hotel ( I don't think it as a Hotel , more as a second home)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We had an amazing visit at the Pirate's Inn. We tried the full apartment for my mom's birthday -- which is a beautiful one-bedroom apartment with a living room and kitchen -- and we also stayed in their more classic hotel room there (it felt spacious, with a walk-in closet and a kitchen and a balcony...seemed like a lot for the price). The kitchen made a big difference to us because we could prepare our own food whenever we wanted or bring our breakfast out on the balcony in the morning (although most days we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, which serves a full menu. They also have a full bar). There are lots of additional restaurants and stores right down the road (walking distance, nice), it is a great location. The people we met were lovely -- we travel economically and it was a really a great deal for everything that is included, we were able to stick to a budget but not sacrifice anything. My mom loved that it was walking distance to one of the best beaches on the island, where there's soft sand as well as a reef further out (we saw sea turtles) and the bus stop that goes pretty much anywhere on the island so we didn't have to spend extra money on a car or figure out driving on the opposite side of the road. The bus comes every few minutes and it cost $1 US. We plan to go back again next year!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kwala_M
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I can honestly say this is the only hotel where I've ever made sure to say thank you and goodbye to each staff member when I left. We were one of two or three under-50s couples here during February 2010, with a ton of Canadian & US retirees, snowbirds, and people staying for weeks (think Melrose Place meets Golden Girls). They were a lot of fun! Friendly staff, nice happy hour nightly, good coffee in the morning. The room was clean and big enough with a little kitchenette and refrigerator. The hotel was just a 2 minute walk to the water, 5-10 minute walk to the beach, and easy access by public transit to all the Barbados spots (Oistins, The Gap, Crane Beach, Bridgetown). This is by no means a resort, but a great place for people who don't mind planning some of their own adventure (the front desk staff was amazingly helpful). I hope to get back to Barbados sooner rather than later, and I won't think twice about staying here again. Also, if the tiny "You and Me Foods" is still there, stop by for a meal - you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanRandom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The Pirates has something of the feel of an American motel, with parking outside and a rectangle of two-storey apartment buildings surrounding a small pool, bar area and courtyard. The rooms (I'm assuming all of them are basically the same as the one we had) are a decent size, simply furnished with ensuite bathroom, kitchenette and balcony overlooking the pool. The folk running the place were friendly and efficient, and general maintenance was excellent. The best thing about the Pirate's, however, was its proximity (2/3 minutes stroll) to the new boardwalk, which runs along the seafront past various bars, restaurants and hotels to Accra Beach (about 10 minutes walk away). This was one of the best beaches we found on the island...at least as nice as the ones up on the glitzier and far more expensive West Coast. Hastings is also quite well situated for seeing other parts of the island. So, all in all, a very good place to base yourself for a Barbados holiday, if you're not bothered about emptying your bank account to rub shoulders with Simon Cowell and Michael Winner.

Room Tip: They all seemed pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ptk13
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I traveled with my rugby team to Barbados for a tour in March, 2011. We landed in Barbados, awestruck by the blue-green sea and warm breeze. A little nervous about the hotel we had reserved for such a large group of us (54), Pirates Inn most pleasantly surprised each of us!
I've stayed at a lot of hotels, but Pirates inn has the friendliest service I've ever experienced. The staff is helpful, knowledgeable, accommodating, and go out of their way to get to really know and interact with customers. By the end of your stay at Pirates Inn, you'll be friends with the staff, not just guests--we all were!
The unit I stayed in included two bedrooms with 3 beds and a bathroom in each; and a common area with a large, open living room and full kitchen. There was more than enough room for us. It was very clean when we first arrived, and cleaned consistently throughout our stay. Oh, and we opened the front sliding door and the pool was on our front step!
The toughest choice at Pirates Inn is whether to stay and drink some of the captain's grog by the pool, or take the one block walk and lay on the beach. If you can make that decision, the amazing staff at Pirates will take care of the rest!
On behalf of myself and Vassar College Rugby, Pirates Inn has been unanimously declared the best hotel this side of paradise.

• Stayed: March 2011