“Another great time in Barbados”

Southern Surf Beach Apartments
Near Toronto
“Another great time in Barbados”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This was my 3rd trip to Barbados and every time we've stayed at the Southern Surf Beach Apartments.
The only side-trip we took this year was to attend a new found local friend's daughter's birthday party therefore spent 95% of our time in and around the amazing Rockley Beach.
Great Staff...Lara and the rest of the staff make you feel like family.
The sliding doors on the balcony can be opened all the way so you can enjoy the breeze instead of using the A/C.
If you are viewing these posts to see where to stay in Barbados, search no more and stay at the Southern Surf.
Thanks for being a great "family" to us.
See you all again soon.

Room Tip: If you are up for it, get the higher floor for an even better view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank 06GoMango

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Having stayed at the Southern Surf on many occasions with my partner Nicole, I can honestly say that Lara & her wonderful/amazing team are more like really close friends (I call them my extended family). Everyone is so helpful and always go that extra mile to ensure that our stay is always an extremely enjoyable experience.

Location wise is perfect- opposite one of the best beaches (in my opinion) on the island,plus there are some lovely places to eat/drink without having to wander too far- (Champers for example). The rooms are cleaned every day by the smiling ladies and I couldn't see myself wanting to stay anywhere else on the island (tried it a couple of times before-but the level of service was of a much less standard and it left me with a slightly bitter taste).

Fantastic team & wonderful hospitality that I doubt you would get elsewhere (sounds biased) but that how I really feel about this group of wonderful individuals. Looking forward to catching up with all the team in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Contact the Southern Surf directly,whereby if you have any specific request/requirements- Lara or on...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony M
montreal
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We've stayed at the Southern Surf 3 times in the last several years, Lara and her staff are amazing, like seeing family again everytime we go. The location is perfect, the hotel is small and homey, super clea, we just love it will be back soon

Room Tip: room 12 is our favorite
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Clean, serviced every day, close to beach, reasonably priced, even has a kitchette! What more do you want? It's stylish, well maintained, staffed by friendly experienced people, very personable. Twice they even gave us rides in their personal cars when they were heading out for errands! You don't get that level of personal service at many places.
They are mostly native Bajans with much knowledge and experience. They give good advice on spots to see and even telephone reservations for trips if you want.
It's like staying with family...
Oh yeah, and a very nice private pool with a lush surrounding of palm trees and flowers!

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor if you want to avoid hiking up the stairs. Upper floors have nicer views of...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark N
St. albert,Alberta
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I spent another wonderful week at Southern Surf. This was a return trip for the two of us after spending 2 weeks with our kids in 2008.
In my opinion you cannot beat the location. Its right across the street from the beautiful Rockley beach and an easy walk to restaurants and shopping.
Most days we were at the beach by 9:00, relaxing and enjoying the sun and water or taking the occasional stroll down the boardwalk (right at the north end of the beach) We would catch happy hour at our favorite little beach bar which is literally right across from the hotel at the south end of the beach. For $15 US (fully redeemable in food or drinks) we'd get 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella and plant ourselves for the day. The bar used to be called "Bar Kan'ei" but has just been purchased by a new owner and renamed "Shore Side" It's a great little spot. After a day at the beach we'd shower up and head out to dinner. There are so many options within walking distance. Champers, Apsara, Harlequin and Fred's Club were some of our favorites. If you're sports fans (especially hockey) as we are, Bert's Bar is right next door and is a great place to catch a game.
If you want to go anywhere else on the island, there's are two different bus options right outside your door.
The staff at the Southern Surf, as others have said, are absolutely fantastic. Nothing is too much to ask of them. They booked a tour for us, found a church for us to go to on Sunday and quickly moved us to another room when we had air conditioning issues.
The rooms are very clean and the kitchen has everything you could need (if you feel like cooking) There's also wi-fi in the rooms for the computer junkies like my husband.
Great location, great staff, great choice!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trippeck
Barbados
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I am presently staying at this hotel and I felt that I should write a quick review to express how pleased I am with the service of the hotel manager. I am here at a peak time and the manager facilitated me with one of their modest rooms. What has impressed me is the genuine concern expressed to ensure that I was pleased with the room. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice, clean room in a convenient location at a modest price with facilities to prepare your own food.

Very good for the budget business man.

Roger B

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank rogerb2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We spent 10 days at Southern Surf and we really liked it. The beach is just across the street and is very close to restaurants, malls and other amenities. The room are really nice, simple but very clean and with all you need to enjoy ur vacation at the fullest!!!
The staff is super nice and they all help you in everything you need...thank you Audra, Rachael, Summie and all the others!!!
We will definitely go back to Southern Surf again!!!!
Dino Mora