Southern Surf Beach Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
South Beach Hotel(Hastings)
View Hotel
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Blue Horizon(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Blue Orchids Beach Hotel(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Hotel PomMarine(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Abbeville Hotel & Bert's Bar(Christ Church Parish)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distanceexcellent propertydirectly across the streetconvenience storeprivate poolstreet noiserestaurants and barsthoroughly enjoyed our stayair conditionerstudio apartmentsouth coastsecurity staffvisited barbadossupermarketchampersislandbeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2008

My husband and I stayed in Southern Surf Apartments in October 2008. The location was great as it was opposite a gorgeous beach and within walking distance to shops, bars and restaurants.

The apartment itself was fully equiped with all the essentials including beach towels, iron, iron board, hair dryer etc. In the kitchen along with the essentials, we found a toaster, kettle, microwave, coffee maker, wine glasses and everything else you normally keep in your own kitchen.

Our apartment was very clean and tidy. There's a cleaning service provided every day. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful when it came to organizing trips and other activities available on the island.

As we visited Barbados during the rainy season, we happened to have a few rainy days, the staff were doing their best to assist us with all our needs.

Fantastic apartment, great location, gorgeous beach and friendly & very helpful staff.

We truly enjoyed our holiday and would recommend to visit Barbados to everybody and stay in Southern Surf Apartments.

Maggie, Wokingham

Stayed: October 2008
9  Thank magdalenabieth
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Outstanding. We'd definitely go back here. This is an affordable apartment with very helpful and friendly staff. Centrally located on the West Coast and 50yards from a generally secluded beach.
There are several great restaurants nearby (including a beautiful Indian restaurant), but we cooked several nights with Fish from the nearby Oistins market.

Appartment was small but had everything we needed, including a nice patio and an excellent and clean pool.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rbarna1
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We loved the Barbados Rockley Beach!
My family of 5 my husband , myself and daughters went this July 2008 and stayed at the Southern Surf! The staff, Lara, Rachel, Audra, Michelle, Sandra , Sam and others were fabulous!
Accommodations were very clean and we enjoyed being right across from the beach! We enjoyed this beach because it was not too crowded and we liked the waves, not too big , not too small. Lara went out of her way to meet our needs and we were very grateful for her consideration! The noise of the whistling frogs at night was hard for us to get accustomed to so she provided us a lovely fan for noise! It was great!
One reason we chose Southern Surf was that they provided air conditioning and many other lodgings did not. We loved Southern Surf because it was nice and cozy, not too big and not too small with a good kitchen! It was a good price also! This is not the Hilton! However, we enjoyed it greatly! We needed a good affordable place, easy access, very nice and clean with a friendly staff and that is what we got! They will even lend you a boogie board!
We utilized Stouts car rentals for a beautiful blue Daihutsu that we adored! We got a good price as advertised on the internet.
I would not want to travel anywhere without the assistance of Trip Advisory! It is fantastic! I emailed several people on the Barbados forum who emailed me back with more Barbados info! There is one lady who identifies herself as a Barbados expert , Saran, who was very kind to answer many email questions. We loved staying at the Southern Surf and being so near the ocean , even being able to see it from our balcony! We would like to stay at the Rockley Beach area again! It was comforting for us to know that we had personal attention given to us by the Southern Surf staff ,being in a foreign country, it is mandatory!
For swimming, the east coast waves are too rough and the west coast waves were too calm for us! For snorkeling, we enjoyed the west coast.
The staff at Southern Surf strives to do all they can to ensure that you enjoy your stay and we did! We are snorkelers and we went to nearby Carlisle Beach and west coast Payne's Bay Beach. We took a snorkel tour with Michael's Glass Bottom Boats to swim with the turtles, look at a submerged barge and see the wonderful reef and fish!
It was exciting! I was more an observer, happy to watch my family snorkel, while I watched from the surface water! One turtle was very kind to me and stayed right by me for awhile so that I could watch him! It was such fun!
The food was very expensive we found and I was glad that I had taken a suitcase of food, peanut butter , pringles, etc. It was worth going through the baggage check to have it along with our own snorkel equipment that we brought and had in checked bags.
For souvenirs, I enjoyed the small shops of Bridgetown which had less expensive prices. It was a good cultural experience to walk around town . We ate at the Ideal Restaurant in Cave Shepard's store, upper floor. It was ok, again a good cultural experience. The prices at the store seemed very high.
We did have 2 unpleasant instances. One man in Bridgetown was following us around demanding money.
He was not wearing much and did not seem in his right mind.
Thankfully we ran into a store and he left us alone then as the store did not permit him to enter.
Another time, my teen girls and I were on the beach alone without my husband on a Sunday late afternoon. A young man was very persistent in trying to get me to give one of my daughters to him to enjoy for the evening! We ran away from him toward other people and he left us alone. This did not happen when my husband accompanied us in the ocean which was more crowded on weekends , especially Sunday.
I would not suggest Barbados to unescorted young ladies!
Overall, we had a lovely time ! The people of Barbados were nice to us and seemed to be caring, good people.
We were blessed to be in Barbados before the installation of a $100 driving permit that is supposed to be soon! We were glad as we would not have gotten a car! We were in Barbados on a strict budget!
Recommendations for fellow drivers; remember that it is on the left side of the road, cars go fast, the roads are narrow and by all means get directions from the staff before you go! The roundabouts take some getting used to! We got lost for hours one day even though it is a small island! It does not seem small when you are lost and it is easy to get lost especially around Bridgetown. The ABC Highway was nice and greatly appreciated! Hopefully, there will be more signs installed in Barbados pointing to major attractions , to the airport, Bridgetown, etc.
We loved the beach and would love to go again soon!
In fact, I am thinking of being a tour guide to other families like my own family, some day, perhaps? There is no teacher like experience and no better way to learn geography! Getting a passport, flying,
traveling to a foreign country were all exciting and very stressful!
I took a large bottle of fish oil , 1000 mgs.and was thankful that I did! It helped with the stress enormously!
Also, we took extra strength ibuprofen which helped with the sun burn! After one day, it is good to wear a t-shirt over your bathing suit! The sun is fabulous but burns quickly! Take a large bottle of sunblock and alavera gel with you in your checked luggage. Remember that it takes awhile to get adjusted to the sand which is like glue on you, new traffic etc.
Make sure to go to the post office and buy aerograms to mail home . They are fun and only 40 cents. A postcard costs $1.40 to mail! Also, take small bills, and lots of one dollar bills! We could only use our ATM at The Bank of the Caribbean, for some reason.
My husband ordered an underwater camera before we went and he loved using it and got some great pictures which he downloaded for free on photobucket .com for his buddies to view.
When traveling overseas remember: Be very patient and have lots of fun ! We did !!!!!!! We love the Barbados beaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrie N and family

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
8  Thank CarrieN
Reviewed 20 May 2008

There is a reason the Southern Surf Beach Apartments have received such wonderful reviews. The staff know what they are doing! All are super friendly, the room could not have been ANY cleaner...we arrived at noon and we were able to check right in. Great kitchen with a full-size fridge, microwave and oven. The balconies are spacious and offer incredible views...worth the extra stairs for the top floor. Rockley Beach is one of the best on the island, fun waves but not too overwhelming, plently of little beach bars and beautiful water. I didn't want to leave the ocean, but the pool area did look quite charming. I would certainly go back, the rates are almost too good to be true!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
6  Thank violet819
Reviewed 1 May 2008

We had the privilege of spending 12 days at Southern Surf and can’t think of a better location. The kitchen is well equipped and suited our needs perfectly. We wanted to have breakfast and lunch in and have dinner at the many local restaurants in the area and it accommodated us perfectly. Two grocery stores are within a 10-minute walk as well as a small variety store. Rockley Beach (across the road) is a perfect family beach enjoyed by both visitors and locals.
The front desk staff quickly become friends and are a wonderful resource. We’d let them know when we wanted to book an outing and they were able to make wonderful suggestions and make the arrangements for us.
Our room was spacious and extremely clean. The pool was a nice break from the beach and a great place to make friends with fellow guests.
We made use of the great bus system to head to Oisten’s on Friday nights.
A very pleasant place to stay and we’re looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple