We decided to stay at the Moonraker because we didn't want to spend a fortune on a west coast hotel and it looked decent in the photos. It proved to be an unsafe area with burnt out cars and broken windows, there was a dirt mattress propped up in the room, there was bars on the windows, stray dogs, damp sheets, no light bulbs in the bedside lamps, nothing on the bed other than a sheet, no one to ask how to get to a shop/taxi etc - I could go on. Just awful. We booked for a week but left after 1 night (no one was there to tell / complain to) and booked into another hotel which for only £300 for the week more was a 1000 times better. Unless you want a dingy youth hostel, don't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a backdrop of picturesque Coral House Bay at Silver Sands, MoonRaker Beach Hotel is a south coast property on Barbados. This original iconic 6-acre beachfront surf lodge is in the heart of the tranquil windsurfing and kite boarding region of the island. The property features Surfer’s Bay Beach Bar and Restaurant - a highly popular dining experience. Each of the 15 airy, beach-themed units bear individual décor interiors, and offer kitchenettes and daybeds for lounging on private terraces or balconies. MoonRaker is steeped in rustic charm and has become a firm favorite for traveler interests appealing surfing, SUP water sports, sport fishing, honeymoons and yoga. At-a-Glance: 15 A/C Apartments and Studios | Surfer’s Bay Beach Bar & Restaurant | Beachfront | Seaside Garden | Dramatic Ocean Views | Live Entertainment | Surf & Standup Paddle Boarding (SUP) Academy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your MoonRaker Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonraker Reef Apartments Hotel Christ Church
- MoonRaker Beach Hotel Barbados/Christ Church Parish