If you are looking for a low cost (by local standards), chilled out beach bum resort, that's family friendly, with a good bar, and near great surf, this is the place.
My wife and I stayed for five days on a surf trip, the patrons are a mix of surfers and kite boarders, but a lot of them had kids and its very friendly, and very international. Steve will bend over backwards for you when he's around. Don't expect luxury, but plenty of space and a great location. I'd suggest the rooms with a/c in the bedroom come summertime, even in winter it was nice to have. We had no complaints with this place.
Expect to buy some food at the super market, the rooms have a minimally equipped kitchen, and there's limited food within walking distance, the bar only serves dinner. If you've hired a surf guide, then don't bother with a car, the mini buses down the street are easy enough to use and dirt cheep. If you're chasing surf on your own, get a car, its far to carry a board to even the closest break.
As far as Barbados goes as a whole, the weather's great, the surf is awesome (though not totally consistent, this isn't Costa Rica), the food sucks (think lame British fish and chips go tropical), the people are super friendly and the vibe is chill. It costs some cash, but its not the most expensive island ever. We enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a backdrop of picturesque Coral House Bay at Silver Sands, MoonRaker Beach Hotel is a south coast property on Barbados. This original iconic 6-acre beachfront surf lodge is in the heart of the tranquil windsurfing and kite boarding region of the island. The property features Surfer’s Bay Beach Bar and Restaurant - a highly popular dining experience. Each of the 15 airy, beach-themed units bear individual décor interiors, and offer kitchenettes and daybeds for lounging on private terraces or balconies. MoonRaker is steeped in rustic charm and has become a firm favorite for traveler interests appealing surfing, SUP water sports, sport fishing, honeymoons and yoga. At-a-Glance: 15 A/C Apartments and Studios | Surfer’s Bay Beach Bar & Restaurant | Beachfront | Seaside Garden | Dramatic Ocean Views | Live Entertainment | Surf & Standup Paddle Boarding (SUP) Academy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your MoonRaker Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonraker Reef Apartments Hotel Christ Church
- MoonRaker Beach Hotel Barbados/Christ Church Parish