What a wonderful hotel, tucked far away from the hustle and hype of most of the other larger, and less personal hotels in Barbados. It all kicks off perfectly, from the time that you are warmly greeted at the front door by the lovely and gregarious Sandra. Such a nice touch, a truly warm and welcome greeting, that many others could do to emulate. Sandra and her team are the glue that keep this place together, such a joy to interact with these lovely ladies day after day. Honourable mention to Tara Nadia and Cherisse, so genuine in their search to please. They looked after us from day one, made stellar recommendations for restaurants and places to visit.
They are what made this hotel so special.
But it doesn't stop there, as there isn't one single unfriendly face at Little Arches; everyone is truly engaged, from the serving staff in Cafe Luna to the wonderful chappy who looks after the grounds and will bring you deck chairs to the beach, nothing you ask for is ever too much.
Okay, enough gushing over the wonderful staff….
The hotel was great, nice rooms, spacious, well appointed with life saving AC and ceiling fan. Big comfortable, fluffy bed, nice bathroom amenities…seems like almost everything has been considered. We had Room 7 which opened up to the pool, seemed like there was never anyone at the pool, it became our own private pool, the perfect place for a cool dip after a long day in the sun.
Location wise, Little Arches is situated across from from a nice little beach (Miami Beach), very close to Oistens - a short walk to the famous Friday night Fish Fry. That is probably it for Oistens, so I would recommend a car for a day or two to see the other faces of the island. Taxis were cheap and always available, so a car not an absolute necessity.
The restaurant upstairs, Cafe Luna was very, very good, bordering on excellent. Full breakfast or continental breakfast included daily started the day off well. A very convenient stumble downstairs to our room after an excellent meal on our late night forays upstairs - great value and once again great service, no complaints ever about Cafe Luna.
We would definitely venture back to Little Arches. I could see this becoming a home way from home. I hope we always return to Sandra, Tara, and the rest, as they are what make this place so special. I only hope that they will have us back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, Conde Nast recommended, adult-only, boutique hotel. Hidden from the hustle and bustle districts, Little Arches overlooks the pristine sands of Enterprise (Miami) Beach on the South Coast. Ten unique rooms and suites feature Italian fabrics, terrazzo flooring and king-size four-poster beds. Handcrafted pottery features throughout. Enjoy elevated views of the Caribbean from the rooftop pool deck and the acclaimed al fresco restaurant Café Luna. Perfect for those seeking discreet luxury, intimacy and romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, West Indies, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Little Arches Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Little Arches
- Little Arches Christ Church
- Little Arches Boutique Hotel Barbados/Christ Church Parish