“I will stay here again in a heart beat!!!”

Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Vancouver, Canada
“I will stay here again in a heart beat!!!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here in March of 2013, what an absolutely great stay!
When I was checking in, I mentioned that it was my b'day & inquired whether or not there were any upgrades...with a smile, I was offered a deluxe ocean view suite (Rm 351). One of the ceiling lights was burnt out, I called & within 5-10imns it was taken care of.
Beautiful room with great views of the pools & beach.
I wanted to do some tours & the guy (can't remember his name) :( was excellent in assisting me.
I found all of the staff to be very friendly & willing to assist.
Also loved the Chakra Spa, had just a manicure done, but felt quite pampered.
On my birthday, after a long day touring, I was settling in & got a phone call, enquiring if I was going to be awake a bit longer. A few mins later, a knock on my door. I was pleasantly surprised!! A trolley with flowers, sparking wine & cake, along with a nice "Happy Birthday" greeted me. The staff made me feel very special & I could tell it was genuine.
I enjoyed their breakfast, which was a nice variety each morning.
I also ate at the Polynesian Restaurant, the food was very tasty, quite flavourful.
I had a night flight, so checked out, but had the use of one of the courtesy rooms for the rest of the day, until it was time for me to leave for the airport.
What I liked best, EVERYTHING!!!!!
Like I said, I will stay here again in a heart beat!!
Even though this is a pretty late review, I would still like to say thank you so much to the staff for an excellent birthday stay!!!!
Best Wishes.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank trinighal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was an unscheduled stop for me in Accra Beach hotel and the fourth visit here in the last 12 years. I am glad to see the hotel has kept to its high standards, it has a beautiful location complemented by courteous and helpful staff. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to everyone who journeys to Barbados. Cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Excellent sunrises from the north side ocean facing top floor suites, rooms are terrific too.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Arrived here following a week's cruise round the islands. 50 minutes from disembarking to being checked in and in our room. Large clean and airey room great ocean views.Air conditioning very effective and coffee supplied in room is some of the best we have ever had. Staff were friendly and very helpfull with advice and suggestions. We made contact with Kevin (originally from Slough UK) who provided reliable service and good information on every trip we made with him and was very reasonable priced. In reality it was cheaper to do some of the trips independently with Kevin than through the Holiday Rep. Kevin's number Is 231-4325 and I put this in with his permission. Hotel has plenty of sunbeds and a beautiful beach. We will be returning here and will definitely be using this hotel again. It is not 5 star but very goog value for money.

Room Tip: Ocean view room's are very good and also quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul B
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at the Accra for a week and couldnt be happier. The location is amazing. The beach is def one of the best ones on the island. Also there is a boardwalk that starts to the right of the hotel with a bunch of dining options. Across the street from the hotel is a strip of stores with a convenience store, atm, pizza, bathing suit store, ice cream shop and several other little stores. I would Highly recommend getting an oceanview room. The city view is not that nice but the ocean view is breath taking. A few people posted pictures of a burnt building as their view from their room. But if you get Oceanview there is no chance you will see this at all during your stay. This building is next door and is not that big. So it is not as much of as eye sore as these pictures make it seem. The staff were very nice and helpful. Renting a car was very easy, although be careful when renting a car. Driving on the island can be a bit stressful with the narrow streets.

The only reason I didnt give this hotel a 5 was because the walls are very thin. We could hear the tv in the next room. But we were not in the room that much watching tv so it didnt bother us too much. Also the bed mattress is a bit hard.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here get an oceanview room. The street view is not that nice and I can imag...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel was great, the rooms were clean and of an excellent standard. The restaurants were good value offering a varied selection of meals .I loved the Wytukai Polynesian restaurant, shame it was closed for 2 days, I would have liked to have eaten there again but we only stayed 4 days. The hotel breakfast was plentiful and offered a wide choice. The staff were wonderful, they were very helpful, polite and dedicated in offering an excellent customer service. The staff at reception recommended a fine food restaurant called Champers for my 50th birthday meal which turned out to be brilliant. The Virgin rep was also fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel has Large, spacious and clean rooms. Friendly and very helpful staff .... We enjoyed the turquoise coloured water and the fine white sand. Great location.
Great hotel for a relaxing break, we recommend anyone to come and enjoy this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank marcisonthemove
Morpeth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Spent 2 weeks at this hotel courtesy of Thomson package and overall really enjoyed the experience. Location is great on Rockley beach just off the end of the Boardwalk and our room overlooking the pools and beach was excellent.
The hotel amenities are very good and include restaurants, spa and fitness room but the overwhelming asset of this hotel are the staff who could not be more friendly and helpful. We met every level of staff from gardeners to hotel managers and everyone had a smile on their faces and acknowledged us on every occasion.
The added value on offer with free beach towels, free iced water and food and drink served on beach is a big plus, happy hour drinks in the evening are great value but too much rum punch can be a challenge.
In house restaurants are good and there are numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance or a cheap taxi ride away.
The boardwalk running about a mile along the shoreline is easily accessible and is a well used local amenity for those wanting to keep fit or just enjoy a stroll next to the sea.
Only down sides are the lack of cash till in Sand Bar which means you have a long wait for change when paying with cash and the influx of day visitors on Sundays from cruise passengers awaiting return flights which makes the pool area a bit hectic on some occasions.
Would definitely consider a return trip.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the road as traffic noise can be annoying.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Coral Sands Beach Resort
Rostrevor Hotel
Rostrevor Hotel
#5 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Accra Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!