“I am now a surfer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Burkie Surf School
New York City, New York
“I am now a surfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The only sure fire way to make sure you actually surf on your first time is to take a lesson with Alan Burke! My wife and I surfed two days with Alan and by the end of the first day I was paddling into waves by myself. Alan in knowledgable, safe, nurturing and so much fun to hang out with. This is one of the best experiences of our life and plan on surfing again soon.

Visited March 2014

Bridgetown, Barbados
“Totally Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Maddie had been looking forward to her first real surfing experience since schools broke up for Christmas and she couldn't have been in better hands. Alan really is a fantastic surf instructor, chilled, laid back and full of helpful and friendly advice from years of experience on and off the water. His enthusiasm and encouragement are contagious and Maddie was thrilled with her first standing rides on the waves and is hooked on the surf experience. She surfed both Freights and South Point in very different conditions and, under Alan's expert eye, she was very soon catching waves and surfing into shore. A fabulous couple of days on the surf in a perfect spot. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Alan and the Burkie surf school experience - great instinct and tuition, with Jodie in the wings to lend a helping hand. A highlight of our life in Barbados so far! Thanks again, Alan!

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Best Surf School on the Island - no doubt about it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Alan Burke is world class instructor, very professional and without question the best instructor on the island. My wife, sister, niece and my eldest daughter have all learnt to surf with Alan. He is patient, safe and a master in his office... the little corner at Freights on the South Coast. If you are coming to Barbados and want to learn to surf, Alan is the guy to call.

Lake Mary, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great surfing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I took a lesson with Alan and his son Josh Burke, and it was one of the best surfing experiences that I've had. Alan Burke gave my lesson at South Point, where the waves were perfect for my experience level, and I received helpful advice on my technique from both Alan and Josh. I would highly recommend this surf school to any surfers from beginners to advanced, because Alan Burke provides a safe and helpful environment for you to learn and grow as a surfer. It was one of my most memorable experiences from my trip to Barbados, and I highly recommend Burkie's Surf School!

1 Thank Lauren C
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“THE BEST AND MOST DETAILED INSTRUCTION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Great day AGAIN with Alan Burke on the South coast of Barbados. He picked the perfect spot with the right waves for our group of 3 kids and two adults. He then provided all with excellent instruction and they were all catching waves like crazy. Constant feedback, laid back attitude. Definitely coming back!!