“Home from home in the Caribbean.”
Review of Rosalie Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Rosalie Apartments
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Another wonderful stay at the Rosalie, our return visit did not disappoint us. Peter and Rhonda and their team did their utmost to make our stay a pleasant one. A perfect location in a beautiful setting. The apartment was clean and kitchen equipped with everything you could need. Thanks again for another fabulous holiday. If we had one criticism, it would be that we would have liked a softer mattress and pillows.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Perfect place to enjoy a quiet Winter break in the sun....apartment was spotlessly clean and the staff very friendly . Welcome pack ready in the fridge. Wonderful location with the sea lapping the other side of the garden and pool area. Had the pool to ourselves most days and a world away from overcrowded hotels. Found the host helpful and loved the very laid back environment . We were recomended Rosalie and we were not disappointed

Room Tip: Both apartments are equally good
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed at Rosalie few years and also sent friends over recently and all of us were more than satisfied by the confort of the place and the kindness of the owner Mr Glover who helped us in many ways. I would returned to Rosalie with no hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 10 January 2012

If you want to enjoy your vacation, save yourself, do not rent from these people.
l) we rented a car from them and car was to be at the apartment upon our arrival, well it was not there, we had to wait over an hour, we needed the car to do groceries as we found out grocerie stores closed for next two days, would have been nice if they would have advised us of this, but did not.
2) one towel per day per person, and if you are staying over the weekend, one towel from Friday to Monday.
3) Some days no hot water, lukewarm
4) advertises that apartment is fully air conditioned, it is not. Only the bedrooms are air conditioned, the lounge area (t.v. room) and kitchen, no A/C. Very very warm, you have to open all doors, need breeze but even then it is very warm, especially if you cook. My kids spent most evenings in the bedroom because too hot. Spoke to owners wife about living area being very hot, that they advertise apartment with A/C, but is not fully air conditioned, she did not like us talking to her about this, so she stormed upstairs to her apartment and slammed the door like a two year old. You see there is A/C, there is two units in the living area, but they want to save the money on electricity, so they take the remote controls away so you cannot have A/C. We paid full amount per day in high season. We should have had access to A/C.
5) there is a book of rules to read about an inch thick upon your arrival
6)No beach towels provided
7)No privacy - they just walk in, the owners and the cleaning lady, they just walk in whenever they want. Whenever you leave, they come in and check the apartment and go through your things. If you leave a fan on, or close a window, you know they have been in your apartment because the fan is off or window is open. Very creepy. My daughter was in the apartment, they must have thought we were all away, and they all came in, we burned eggs in the pan, was letting it soak, the cleaning lady went to get the wife to come and see the pan. Do you believe this, my daughter was in her bedroom alone in the apartment, the cleaning lady was there, the owner walked in my daughters bedroom to close the fan.
8)Fridge died, no fridge for two days
9)Washer and dryer in apartment, but not allowed to use it
10)We asked for a later check out, (I have never seen such an early check out - 10.00 am) especially when flight is 4:40 pm. My Husband talked to owner about a later check out, and understood an ok from owner, however, at 9:45 am the day of our departure, the cleaning lady walked in again no ringing, I advised her we had a later check out, two minutes later, Peter Glover and another man came in along with two cleaning ladies, told us to get out, that he had someone else coming in at 1:00 pm that day, he unplugged our fridge with our food in it to install new fridge, cleaning ladies were pushing our stuff, started cleaning bathrooms with our stuff in it, we had to run around and pick up our stuff and pack with cleaning lady undoing our beds, we were not all showered or dressed yet, we were trying to pack and get ready in one bedroom, they had locked the other bedrooms, we were getting dressed and the owner just walked in the bedroom, my daughter was putting on her bra. They took our stuff from the kitchen and brought it to their apartment, I had to go and get my stuff back. I dont know what planet these people are from, they are crazy. They do not have a clue on how to run a business or deal with people, or how to communicate with people. They do not belong in this business. We have travelled all over the world, I have never being treated so badly in my life or met such crazy people, I still cannot believe what happened to us. He is very lucky that my Husband is not a mean man.
It is such a shame that people like this actually run such a beautiful place, I do not understand how these people can still be in this business. We love Barbados and the people there are very nice, but these people do not belong in Barbados.

Room Tip: Do not rent from Peter Glover, the Rosalie Apartments in Barbados, save yourself
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Elaine A
bigpete69, Owner at Rosalie Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

I am very dissapointed to read that Elaine Arsenault was not satisfied with our service. Up to the day of departure I had received no complaints apart from the faulty refrigerator and I attended to this by having an engineer carry out a temporary repair and ordered and had delivered a new refrigerator within 2 days. We offer a daily maid service and wherever possible the maids will enter the apartment after the guests have left for the day so as to cause the least inconvenience. Our maids do not under any circumstances interfere with guests belongings and nobody enters any apartments unless requested to do so. It would appear that Elaine took exception to our check out time which is clearly stated on our booking form and again was confirmed on the day prior to departure with her husband when I arranged for transfers back to the airport. There was no request from Elaine's husband for a late check out and had I known I would certainly have tried to accommodate. In fact I did arrange for them to retain the hire car later than arranged at no additional charge so that they could spend the morning at the beach. It was unfortunate that Elaine refused to vacate the apartment at the required time as it caused our incoming guest to be inconvenienced as we were unable to prepare the apartment on time.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I located Rosalie through Tripadvisor but then I was able to locate it on other sites as well. Upon arrival the Rosalie we were expecting the worst! A lot of places are not true to their pictures so we were prepared but surprisingly this place is completely gorgeous! What you see in the pictures is exactly what u get, a piece of paradise. The owner Peter from the start was very professional ans accommodating. During our booking period he responded to our emails very promptly. He arranged for my mom, my husband and myself to be picked up from the airport by taxi and he even helped us carry in our luggage. If we had an issue and had to contact him he came downstairs to see to it right away. The kitchen was fully stocked as far as plates, glassware and cookware all we had to buy was food. Overall our entire experience was wonderful. It was such a joy some nights just sitting on the living room couch, opening the patio doors and admiring the sea. I miss it just talking about it! The only down side is the location. You definitely will have to rent a car seeing how it is a far walk to a main road. We definitely loved this placed and have already suggested it to our friends and family. Hopefully we'll be returning next year

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 1LadySweetz
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We found this apartment on FlipKey and were at first very hesitant about doing a private rental rather than a hotel. Turned out to be a great idea! They arranged pick up and drop off from airport and we rented a vehicle.

The location is a bit secluded so you need to drive out to access the beach or any stores or restaurants. The suites were clean, had everything you needed, dishes, towels, sofa, flat screen tv and satellite, internet, pool, ocean front, but beach is rocky not sandy.

There was daily maid service so you don't have to worry about cleaning up everything behind you while on vacation.

Given the amount of people travelling the price was very reasonable.

Would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ReeseF
Reviewed 30 November 2010

30 November 2010 – Independence Day!

Wow! Fantastic! Our first words on arriving at Rosalie for a five week stay from cold, wet and windy Scotland. The view from our patio across the pool to the turquoise ocean was superb!
No.2 Apartment was first class – very well furnished and spotless throughout. The kitchen was just like home including crystal glasses except filled with rum punch instead of whiskey! We also very much appreciated the clean and comfortable sun loungers and cushions at the poolside which contributed to great relaxation and a few snoozes!
Atlantic Shores was a quiet, safe and friendly neighbourhood for our early morning walks to lots of different beaches, and swimming and chatting with the local at Oistins was great fun as was buying different types of fish at the market.
Evenings were spent in the privacy of our patio drinking, eating and talking while listening to the mesmerising sound of the ocean – magical!
From our first e-mail to Peter we were impressed by his quick responses to our many queries, our courtesy pick up at the airport by Dave and the extensive welcome pack and fridge supplies which greeted us on our arrival just set the scene for our ‘home’ in sunny Barbados.
Peter’s high standards and attention to detail are reflected in the building, grounds and pool maintenance, and much more, which keep the property in such excellent condition. We have visited Barbados on previous occasions but this has been ‘the best’ so much so we have already booked for an even longer stay next year!
Our thanks to both Patrick and Angela for their valuable contribution towards making Rosalie a 5- star facility – well done!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple