“Best accommodation ever!”
Review of Dolphin Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Dolphin Inn
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best accommodation ever!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I came here from the end of May to the beginning of June with my partner for a week. We absolutely loved our stay here at the Dolphin Inn- the room we had was simply lovely and spotless and we had everything we needed, it is in a prime location, close to the beach, shops, restaurants and to the bus stops (if you don't have a car!)- we couldn't have asked for more! The biggest reason we loved our stay was Iris, such a sweet and lovely lady who made us so very welcome and was always ready to help us if needed. We very much appreciate it and we will most definitely be coming back to both Barbados and the dolphin inn. Thank you Iris!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hannahdouglas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in a guest house at the Dolphin Inn in Barbados for a few days. Came for a conference but wanted to stay a little longer at a more affordable location. My friend booked the room for me so I can't say how the experience of that process is, but staying here is great! The location is prefect since it's walking distance to the Gap and the main road with the taxis and buses. Cant see the ocean from it but it's close enough. The person I've seen running it seems very nice. They keep everything kept very well and I don't have any complaints. There is however a guard dog that does a very good job at barking at any person walking around so just a heads up about that. I would recommend it if your looking for something that is comfortable, affordable, and has a rustic Caribbean feel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ChristianJ9
Modena
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Just arrived at home after a wonderful holiday spent in an apartment at Dolphin Inn. We have been received after an overseas journey by a smiling and immediately friendly Iris. The apartment was great, a pretty wood cottage sorrounded by a wonderful tropical garden. We used to have breakfast with colibri and birds. The apartment is fully furnisced with everything you need, big fridge, microwave, kitchen, cable tv, a/c ( if you want) wi fi. Iris is always helpful. Really clean and comfortable. Near to lovely Dover Beach (ask for Kenny for chairs and umbrellas) a Market and the bus stop. I travel a lot around the world, but this place means for me one of the most relaxing place i have ever been. I had the opportunity to see also all rooms in the guesthouse, they were cheaper and great as well. So, you have a choice. Thanks again to Iris and her wonderful family ( included Jaime, her dog).

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank queenbee68
Halifax
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was our first time to Barbados and the Dolphin Inn came highly recommended by a few of our friends. We were not disappointed. Iris is a friendly host who knows a lot about the area and island and very helpful if you are looking for activities to do or places to visit. She arranged for our taxi driver for pick up and drop off at the airport and allowed up to check out a bit later to coincide with our flight.
The apartments are cute housekeeping units and have fridge, double burner, toaster, microwave.
The deck off the back allows for privacy and some shade. We felt very safe there on the grounds. A few nights it rained overnight and the sound of the rain bouncing off the roof was amazing; reminded me of cottages I've rented along the sea back home.

The Inn is very close to Dover Beach (5 min walk), close to the cricket/soccer field, close to the Gap (6 minutes).
Just Stop Café attached to Blue Caribe Apartments (aka "Christine's")-a must eat restaurant in the neighborhood for supper! Great flying fish, mac pie, lamb shoulder, rice, etc
A small rum shop exists in the neighborhood ("Jones"), open at night. A fun an unique experience

Traveler's tip for the room: Bring coffee, chips, chocolate, peanut butter, slat/pepper/sugar etc if you have room (some products are $$ on the Island). We picked up Bailey's at Duty free at the airport which came in handy.
Bring coffee filters, a small bottle of dish soap.
There is a small hand soap in the bathroom, but we brought bigger bars along with toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
Bring a small travel hair dryer if you need one.
There is a corner store nearby prices a little high but we bought bacon, cheese, OJ, bread. It was worth making breakfast and eating on the beach, then going to a nice spot for supper.
There are larger marts a bus ride away.
We rented a beach towels for $2.50 US each and WiFi was $10 all week (great deal).
There is a little pull out drying rack on the decks.
Air conditioner was $5/day which helped cool things off with the ceiling fan.

Tips for the beach:
Bring a small collapsible cooler for the beach (there are ice trays in the apartments and you can keep your drinks cold).
Ask for Kenny for beach chairs/umbrella, he will give you savings per day if you are staying for the week.
The key chain with room keys had a small bottle opener attached :)

Room Tip: Apartments 1 and 4 are 'end' units.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank kdmicro
Trinidad
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Travelled from the 7th to 12th of March for a little relaxation after Trinidad Carnival. Alot of hotels on the gap were completely booked so i had no choice but to find somewhere at least close to the Gap. I stumbled upon Dolphin Inn and decided to book because the rates were really really good. On arriving Iris greeted us and she give us a little tour of our room and the kitchen area etc. I stayed in room #4, nice size for the price i paid.She was soooo warm really nice person indeed!! The room was extremely clean i must say. I loved that she had alot of mirrors couldn't get enough of myself lol. She also came and changed our towels and make sure that we were ok. Dolphin Inn is a short walk to the Gap and there is also a grocery store close. Didn't have alot of walking to do because we had a vehicle. I enjoyed my stay here. Didn't feel like leaving, felt like a home away from home. Ohhhhhhh and another plus for me was that i had a 9:05 flight from Barbados to Piarco and i knew check out was at 12 I think and we told her that we wanted a late check out and she let us stay until we were ready free of charge. This is what u call service. She don't only study money but she values her customers. That is why i would recommend Dolphin Inn to all my friends and all those reading my review. Nice environment and a great person behind it all!! Thanks again Iris!! Hope to see you for Crop Over.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Brit R
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've been 3 times before with my family in the past few years, and stayed in both the main house and the separate bungalow/apartments at the back - both lovely!! Excellent location, 5 minute walk to the beach, 10/15 to the St Lawrence Gap where there's a string of restaurants and bars (tasteful). Iris, the owner, is one of the nicest people I've ever met, always greets us with a big welcoming hug each time we've gone back! Cannot wait to go back in the next year or so!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joanna_cook08
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Hello Iris, Hello Sonny.... I have been here two times. March 2008 & March 2009. I have nothing but good to say about this residence. You have a short walk to the best beach on the island, a short walk to the Gap, cricket field, grocery store, laundry machines on site, clothes line, & private patios. The country is safe, so go and have fun. Iris is a mom trying to make a living and don't expect a tiny little island to have EVERYTHING that you have at home. Pack your own small items - rice, salt, pepper etc for your room- that is, if you want to cook in your room and travel cheaper. You will not regret staying here. If you want a stuffy resort, don't stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed in # 3... it was great.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo